*** AUGUST HATCH-A-LONG come join in ***

DAY 21...7 chicks out of 14 eggs. and 2 pips. So 50% at least...I am happy with that...Since my first time with incubator...more later...

Last edited:
Quote:
I did not, but I should have. It was just so late at night and I was so mad at tossing so many that I didn't even think about it. But I will say- there was a small starter vein (about 1/2 an inch) with 2-3 smaller branches off from it (about 1/5 an inch each). The inner membrane had turned opaque white and there was a tiny clear dot where the embryo would have started to grow. Above all that was a big, thick, red, smelly ring of bacterial growth. In one of the 'clears' that was not infertile, it looked as if someone had poked it in a bunch of different places (maybe 10 places on 1 side!) with white and clear markers- like it had tried to start in all those different places and just died every time. I have NEVER seen that happen. In another, there was an air cell trapped INSIDE the yolk. Thinking about it now, I REALLY should have gotten pictures >.<

Oh darn
hmm.png
those would have been interesting pictures! Air cell trapped inside yoke! How weird!! The egg that started doesn't sound like my two with the blood oval, so must have been something else unless it started in the yoke like the air cell and left a blood pool when it died? Wish I would have taken a picture, but like you it was late and I was so disgusted at the amount of clear eggs!
rant.gif

i have another pip
lol.png
the first one is taking forever to come out it pipped sometime before 530 this morning and is still not out i have been staring at it for over an hour now and i swear if it would just stretch real good it would be out and i could walk more than a few feet away and sit for a bit. i think it just wants to torture me. the second one pipped at about 330 and hasnt done anything else since then this is hard work watching.

Quote:
I'm sorry!
hugs.gif
What time of day did you start them? I started mine at 11:15 at night, so I had to count the next day as day one. Mine are on day 20 (won't be a full day until 11:15 tonight) and I am hoping for pips late tonight, but mine never seem to pip until day 21!
hu.gif
I only have two left to hatch out of 16 and one of those looks like it lost to much moisture, so doesn't look good here either
he.gif
Hope your temps were a bit low and your chicks are just going to take a little longer to hatch. Maybe the eggs on day 20 will be like mine and not pip until day 21
fl.gif
Sending good hatching vibes your way
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
I'm sorry!
hugs.gif
What time of day did you start them? I started mine at 11:15 at night, so I had to count the next day as day one. Mine are on day 20 (won't be a full day until 11:15 tonight) and I am hoping for pips late tonight, but mine never seem to pip until day 21!
hu.gif
I only have two left to hatch out of 16 and one of those looks like it lost to much moisture, so doesn't look good here either
he.gif
Hope your temps were a bit low and your chicks are just going to take a little longer to hatch. Maybe the eggs on day 20 will be like mine and not pip until day 21
fl.gif
Sending good hatching vibes your way
yippiechickie.gif

Thank you.
smile.png

I did have a power outage for 3 hrs and the temps dipped into the mid 80's. I kept telling everyone I wasnt jopeful about this batch, but of course I secretly believed I would get *something*.

Back
Top Bottom