*** AUGUST HATCH-A-LONG come join in ***

Quote:
Thank you, I really feel I should have been able to prevent it. It would have meant I never took my eyes off the incubator all night long, so maybe that's unrealistic.

Here is a photo of them all in the incubator.
41679_p1000553.jpg

With the lid off the 'bator.
41679_p1000558.jpg

And now FIVE little chicks in the brooder.
41679_p1000560.jpg

this marks the end of my hatch: grand total 4 chickies out of 33 eggs. not sure but i think thats not a very good hatch rate. out of the 4 chicks one is still having a lot of problems and i dont think she will make it. i have done all that i know to do and she is just getting weaker. another one is blind in one eye. one still has on chick shoes but i think those will come off for good tomorrow
smile.png
and one hatched out with out any problems what-so-ever. i think i will put off hatching any more until fall when the heat wont cook the eggs so much during shipping i think thats what did in so many of the eggs to begin with. good luck to all who still have hatching to go and for those who are just setting their eggs.

Quote:
Sorry you are having so many problems. I agree, shipping is hard. I havent had good hatch rates all summer. And this hatch I used new Brinseas followed instructions to a T! But the 4 of my own compared to my shipped turkens. WOW! The air cell development was much nicer. I really think its the shipping!
Your hatch rate sounds about like what Ive been dealing with all summer!

I'm thinking this is over. 5 rockers, 3 made it to pipping, and 2 chicks (a BLRW bantam, and an easter egger, who is blind in 1 eye). Today marks the end of day 24 for the bantams, and day 23 for the LF. No more movement. At least I got a pair so they're not alone!

Back
Top Bottom