*** AUGUST HATCH-A-LONG come join in ***

Woo! Grats to the hatchers and good luck on the pips so far!
fl.gif

I've got some peeping and a couple rockers so far! So hard to wait @.@

I said I'de post pics along the way, so here is the first one.

24661_first_mottled_chick.jpg

It hatched minutes ago. The first chick to hatch. it's day 20 and one other has pipped and is working on a hole to get out. It's the first of 13 eggs and the first mottled of 7 mottled. The other 6 are milli Fleur Bearded Belgian D'Anvers.

today is hatch day for me also i have one pip it scares me so bad that it might die (the first time all died but trying again) the humidity is 67 is that ok? i added more water but i have to open the whole thing and it droped to 55 then went back up

Update:

Three mottleds are out. The first milli is working on it, but not quite ready yet.

Here is a pic of more pips

24661_pipped_eggs.jpg

and here is a pic of the three mottled out and resting up

24661_hatching.jpg

Edit: As I was posting this the first little milli fleur hatched. Camera went dead so it's charging and I'll get more pics up later as more chicks come.
wee.gif
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
I have my second broody of the season, set her up in the broody box with 12 eggs 2 weeks ago this past weekend so I guess we dont have long to go. My girls are good moms so I let them do their thing. the first hatch gave me 8 chicks but one by one they disappeared so I only have 2 left and one of those is a cockerel and will eventually have to go. I realized the neighbors cats were getting into the coop and helping themselves. I found the last one laying on the floor dead and half eaten. I have hopefully solved the problem of them getting in and soon Im going to start trapping cats.

Back
Top Bottom