*** AUGUST HATCH-A-LONG come join in ***

i put 38 eggs in the bator 4 days ago. candled tonight, seems pretty hopeful. I'll candle again around day 10. can be more sure of whats going on. Not sure what I'll do if I have a good hatch...lol...that'd be a lot of fuzzies running around
yippiechickie.gif

hope everyone has a great August hatch
fl.gif
thumbsup.gif

Am I doing okay? My temps I know are good at 100 but how about my humidity at 75-80%? The tap, tip, scratch sound is gone. Is that normal? I'm really, really scared ....
hide.gif

Those hens are going to drive me batty! I've had some eggs in the bator as well as under one of my broody hens. Well, a week or so ago I found a couple sharing a box. Didn't know what else to do, so I left them alone and let another box go ahead and get a few eggs in it to tempt her into another nest. Well, that trick worked, which meant I've now got two hens sitting on nests. The other two didn't seem like they wanted to go broody (as they all had just went through their first round about 2 months back) so I thought nothing of it....until today. That's when I stumbled upon ANOTHER hen sharing a box with my first broody. Problem is, these eggs are very close to hatching and 5 have already hatched from this broody, but she's got another 10 left or so. Well, all the commotion cracked 2 eggs. One thank goodness was in the process of pipping and didn't kill it, but the other? The other was about 4 days behind so it wasn't ready. I could see blood pooling around in it where the cracks were. There was no salvaging that poor chick. Frickin' hens! You know the worst part? I have 4 hens total and a total of 9 laying boxes. Yet there they are, all trying to pile into the SAME box! I can't take the chance of moving mama hen and her eggs because they're so close to hatch that I just can't take that risk of her not liking it.
On a side note, one of the BLRW eggs produced a chick! They should all begin breaking out of their shells within the next couple of days. Today was offically day 18 for them. I was actually pleasantly surprised to see it hatch because they were extremely shaken up (looked like detached air cells along w/a very watery inside..it would literally just move all around as I would candle).

Quote:
what day is it???

Nicole ... 21 ... 22 at noon tomorrow.

hmm...seems to be taking a bit long.
have any of the eggs pipped and zipped yet? nothing is happening, you might have lost them.
what kind of eggs are they?

Back
Top Bottom