*** AUGUST HATCH-A-LONG come join in ***

Pics of the chicks!

56682_100_1486_ee_chicks_aug_12.jpg

I'll have more later. *happy dance*

ive been putting my kitten in the bathroom at night so i can leave the door that the chicks are in open b/c its been getting to hot. well the cat got out and eat them
sad.png
i'm so sad this is the second hatch and even one online that i have no chicks to show for. i was so excited about my chicks i even took pics last night to show you guys
hit.gif

Today is day 21 for me...nothing seems to be happening I was wondering if I should try to candle them again... I just got back from vacation. My broody hen ate one of the eggs while we were away....

So I left overnight last night to go to an animal swap meet and returned today (5 standard buff cochin hens, 5 light brahma hens, 3 polish hens, 1 polish cock, 2 seabright chicks, 1 bouron red turkey, 1 blue slate turkey, 2 black shoulder peachicks and 1 opal peachick later.....). My mom called on the road (she was watching my incubator overnight because my hatch was going on) to say one of them had died, it had zipped all around and died.... but I got in today and it WAS STILL ALIVE. She just left it in the incubator and the membrane dried to its skin and feathers and it was just laying in there barely breathing... *tips over*

But I wet it down with q-tips of warm water and peeled the remains of the shell and membrane. It was so exhausted it barely moved. I dabbed some water on the edge of its beak and it made a face but it is barely moving
sad.png

I have a horrible feeling that my mom was in and out of the incubator all yesterday and today despite that I told her to leave it alone. So today I think I am going to run interference and puncture the shells on the other eggs. I don't think I can risk letting the others shrink wrap in their eggs because I wasn't here to monitor them myself... no more leaving on trips and leaving the incubator with someone!

The good news is.... 4 silkies and 8 BCM hatched!

you guys are so rotten let me tell you, yall keep temping and temping people it should be a crime............ LOL

I set 9 more eggs on the 9th and I blame all of you!!!!

Its yalls fault cause you keep spreading the fluffy cuteness disease around on BYC

lol

Wish me luck.......congrats to everyone who already hatched such sweet babies.

I agree completely, LOL. We built a coop for around 12. Right now I have 12 chickens and 15 eggs in the bator. Thank the Lord that we have 6 roos outside that need to be rehomed. To make matters even worse, I have 7 guineas out there!!! I need to build them a second coop. My husband is not too happy...I on the other hand am happy as a clam.

Back
Top Bottom