*** AUGUST HATCH-A-LONG come join in ***

Quote:
There are two stages to pipping- you are talking about external pipping, but the chicks can peep as soon as they breach the inner membrane: ie, pip internally. You would not see this pip because it happens a few days prior to the chick pipping externally. They pip internally when their lungs are ready to function, and they breathe from the air cell (which is why it's so important to have proper humidity and air cell placement, because you wouldn't want that cell to flood or the chick to position itself to pip and miss the air cell because it is dislocated) while they absorb blood from the inner membrane and absorb what is left of the yolk into their abdomen. During this stage, they will begin to tap a billion time on the inside of the shell, and will eventually pip externally, where you can see.

Quote:
did he make it out?!?!

and after that long, i'll admit, I help.... i helped one of mine that would have deff drown if i hadn't stepped in.... i feel like sometimes, it's ok to help em out.
hide.gif

jumpy.gif

My Button Eggs went into lockdown this morning!
jumpy.gif

I decided to put the 1 chicken egg under my broody that is already setting on 12 guinea eggs, that way I won't have to open the incubator duing lockdown! Finger's Crossed for myself and everyone else!
fl.gif

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

My Button Eggs went into lockdown this morning!
jumpy.gif

I decided to put the 1 chicken egg under my broody that is already setting on 12 guinea eggs, that way I won't have to open the incubator duing lockdown! Finger's Crossed for myself and everyone else!
fl.gif

Just remember that we'll be expecting billions of pictures!!! Good luck to you, your incubator, and your broody!
fl.gif

Quote:
There are two stages to pipping- you are talking about external pipping, but the chicks can peep as soon as they breach the inner membrane: ie, pip internally. You would not see this pip because it happens a few days prior to the chick pipping externally. They pip internally when their lungs are ready to function, and they breathe from the air cell (which is why it's so important to have proper humidity and air cell placement, because you wouldn't want that cell to flood or the chick to position itself to pip and miss the air cell because it is dislocated) while they absorb blood from the inner membrane and absorb what is left of the yolk into their abdomen. During this stage, they will begin to tap a billion time on the inside of the shell, and will eventually pip externally, where you can see.

Thanks much! I forgot about the two stages of pipping. I'm so mad I have to work tonight. I want to run home and see how the one is doing that pipped yesterday.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Just remember that we'll be expecting billions of pictures!!! Good luck to you, your incubator, and your broody!
fl.gif

I don't think you have to worry on that score! I'll take billions and trillions of pictures ... okay maybe not that many!!!
gig.gif
tongue.png

OK so the end of JULY I set 2 dozen eggs in bator all RIR from my dads flock! Not 1 of them hatched I belive at one point my temp spiked to 105.
hit.gif

I was giving up THEN I bought a new roo for my girls (due 2 mine diappearing about 2 months ago and realized he was all ready tagging my girls. So I began to collect eggs!

I set 9 eggs in bator and We are 6 days from hatch I now have 7 wiggles (two of them I tossed due to blood rings)
friday I noticed my white rock was broody again! last time I didnt let her hatch any well I changed my mind she got me thinkin. LOL
Sunday night I gave her all 7 eggs! she is doin awesome! only leaves the box when I go out and give treats to them
she has a few bites and does her big smelly poo! LOL and right back on those eggs. I keep her feed and water in neck's reach so no need to move. I candled the eggs weeeeee hours this morning and all 7 eggs still have wigglies!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait till tuesday

Oh I did a staggard hatch I set
3 egg on AUG 3 (toss 1 blood spot)
2 eggs on AUG 4
2 eggs on AUG 5
2 eggs on AUG 6 (toss 1 blood spot)

Back
Top Bottom