*** AUGUST HATCH-A-LONG come join in ***

I lost one of the babies. I had an old bator and it leaked, so I had a milk jug cut off and filled with water. One of the chicks, the first to hatch, got on top of an egg and got into the water and drowned.
hit.gif
I feel sick. I should have had that baby out. I wanted him to dry off in the bator. Instead he (or she) died. Now I am taking the babies straight out of the bator as soon as they hatch. It is going be a long, sleepless night.

Quote:
I am really sorry to hear that...don't beat yourself up over it...you did what you thought was best and that is all anyone of us can do...just think you still got more coming though....Hang in there. Look at me..mistakes do happen.

I was so afraid to take them out of the incubator early. I was wanting them to fluff out a bit more. From now on I am going to take them right out. My sister ordered me a brinsea octo 20 today, thankfully that one should be watertight. My kids took it hard. They went up to the babies in the brooder and said they were sorry their friend went to Jesus. That caused me to lose it. I pray more hatch out and are healthy. Is it bad to take them right from the incubator to a 95% brooder?

Fuzzy butt # 4 is finally DRY!! It hatched around 3:30 today!!!
ya.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Momma hen is white leghorn Daddy is Brown leghorn cross

63221_chix_065_sm.jpg

snuggled under Broody momma
63221_chix_060sm.jpg

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

EdistoChicks: hugs
afishel: That white baby is adorable!
love.gif
What breed?
hu.gif