August Hatch-A-Long!

All I can say is hold her everyday for an hour take her with to places hand feed her treats that usually i actually have a story. Well I got two leghorn chicks from someone I raised them both myself and they turned out two be both hens then I put them with the other one of the leghorns Peaches stayed with me a lot and when she got sick I look after then of course I had more chicks 4 of then turned out 3 out of the 4 were roosters when they got old enough I put them out with all the other chickens and for some reason I kept finding my leghorn peaches of the fence and in the front garden I watched her go back in and my little pekin rooster was chasing her and atacking her so I chase him of and locked all the chickens back up I leaned on the side of the coop and she flew up onto my arm in the end I decided to get rid of the rooster now every day I go in the coop she like to fly up on my shoulder my arm even my head.

ya.gif
Great Hatch!! Congrats

hey my aug peeps. just thought I would pop in and see how everybody is doing. How many of you are on the sept hatch. I am proud to say that after my first hatch failed horribly I have 29 that have definite movement this time around in the new bator
wee.gif
Which could mean "knock on wood" 30 fuzzy butts yep I said 30 I have a double yoker with 2 moving chicks!!!! I really hope they make it as I know I will have to assist and I've never assisted before so well see how that goes after the last failure I will be so happy with even 1 to hatch I figure that 1 is better than 0. Thank you guys for all your help
bow.gif
. Let me know if you guys are on the sept hatch my hatch date is the 24th. I hope I didn't screw anything up I was in a savage race (mud run) and blew my knee out so they are telling me I dislocated my patella and tore my ACL I go for a MRI tonight to confirm praying that their wrong lol. And my bator is down in the cellar which doesn't make it easy to get down and check my peeps very often. so praying they all make it and the temps haven't been going all over the place I would be so upset to get them this far and then lose them all they go into lockdown on sat
fl.gif

hey my aug peeps. just thought I would pop in and see how everybody is doing. How many of you are on the sept hatch. I am proud to say that after my first hatch failed horribly I have 29 that have definite movement this time around in the new bator:weee  Which could mean "knock on wood" 30 fuzzy butts yep I said 30 I have a double yoker with 2 moving chicks!!!! I really hope they make it as I know I will have to assist and I've never assisted before so well see how that goes after the last failure I will be so happy with even 1 to hatch I figure that 1 is better than 0. Thank you guys for all your help:bow  . Let me know if you guys are on the sept hatch my hatch date is the 24th. I hope I didn't screw anything up I was in a savage race (mud run) and blew my knee out so they are telling me I dislocated my patella and tore my ACL I go for a MRI tonight to confirm praying that their wrong lol. And my bator is down in the cellar which doesn't make it easy to get down and check my peeps very often. so praying they all make it and the temps haven't been going all over the place I would be so upset to get them this far and then lose them all they go into lockdown on sat:fl  .

Man, Celonecoop. You have a lot on your plate!! And with a serious injury. I wish you luck in your hatch. My broody with her five 3-week old babies are doing very well and I'm having fun watching her mother the little chicks. They've been free-ranging for short periods. Take care of yourself and take those basement stairs carefully!!!! btw, I'm not in the Sept hatch, but maybe next year I'll hatch some more babies if I get another broody and find some cool local eggs.

Man, Celonecoop. You have a lot on your plate!! And with a serious injury. I wish you luck in your hatch. My broody with her five 3-week old babies are doing very well and I'm having fun watching her mother the little chicks. They've been free-ranging for short periods. Take care of yourself and take those basement stairs carefully!!!! btw, I'm not in the Sept hatch, but maybe next year I'll hatch some more babies if I get another broody and find some cool local eggs.
Thanks yeah I just hope it's not surgery got the MRI last night so hopefully I can get an appt tomorrow for the results! I wish I had a broody it would be do much easier lol! Congrats that your chicks are doing so well I'm sure it's adorable watching momma take care if her babies!! Good luck with finding local eggs that's the way I prefer to go to never tried shipped eggs yet!

Back
Top Bottom