Augusta Maine Chicken swap/ farm days Saturday March 30th 2013

I only found a place because someone left. There were a lot of animals and vendors. There were some fantastic Sumatras, ducks, Muscovies, chickens of course, rabbits, goats, guinea pigs, pigs, sheep, quail... what else? Ear rings and bee kits, chicks, artsy eggs and hatching eggs.

Next time I might come with some preserves and some eggs. I underestimated the warm weather. I think I could have sold some chicks while there but was too worried about the weather to bring them.

this was my best swap so far, I brought alot but didn't go home with much and if I had been early instead of late, i probably would have sold out. i sold the most from my terrible spot which was just about the only place left when I first set up, later someone left and I stole their spot.

My suggestion for the next swap would be name tags that say " hello my name is....." I an unbelievable time at the swap. Such great people involved I only wish I could have put names with faces. I hope the rest of the swaps are that good. Fun, fun times...

we did that when we first started these. YOU could wear a tag that says "my byc name is....)
most people know me by my car, as I usually have byc bumper stickers on it.

My suggestion for the next swap would be name tags that say " hello my name is....." I an unbelievable time at the swap. Such great people involved I only wish I could have put names with faces. I hope the rest of the swaps are that good. Fun, fun times...

Last edited:
I am just wondering where I can find the law about selling 6 chickens together when under the age of 8 weeks. I would just like to know if you sell them from your home if you have to sell them like that or if you can sell less than 6 at a time.

from you home you can sell any number of any age. so yes, you can sell just 1, day old chick just not if take them off the property to sell.
it's in the animal welfare laws and it's applies to all poultry (ducks, turkeys ect)
I am just wondering where I can find the law about selling 6 chickens together when under the age of 8 weeks. I would just like to know if you sell them from your home if you have to sell them like that or if you can sell less than 6 at a time.

from you home you can sell any number of any age. so yes, you can sell just 1, day old chick just not if take them off the property to sell.
it's in the animal welfare laws and it's applies to all poultry (ducks, turkeys ect)

Thanks! I haven't had very good hatches lately so I don't have 6 of this or 6 of that.

looking for some laying hens.. wyandote, rhode island, ect.. i can only have 6 so i want a colorful collection and also ones that arnt too agrressive but good layers.. also looking some quail (1 male and three female. flemish giant does and a creme d' argent doe... if anyone has any suggestions let me know please

Back
Top Bottom