Auracana Rooster!

ydriggsal

Hatching
11 Years
Nov 29, 2008
wnc
I bought 7 hens last year and of course, three of them are boys!! I went and looked up the pics on "breeds" and WOW I have that roosters twin brother... Here is a pic
smile.png

19207_20100228_5.jpg

Sorry to be stickler, but that's an Ameraucana, not Arucana....Arucanas have no tails, and they don't have muffs, but ears tufts that really fly away....Although he is pretty!

Actually, he is probably an EE.....

Last edited:
Red&Yellow :

Sorry to be stickler, but that's an Ameraucana, not Arucana....Arucanas have no tails, and they don't have muffs, but ears tufts that really fly away....Although he is pretty!

Actually, he is probably an EE.....

Thank you. He's not an Ameraucana either - As they are just as rare as Araucanas. He's an Easter Egger, a mutt with a blue egg gene - Or not. Some don't even have the gene anymore.
smile.png

Yeah he's an EE...beautiful boy.

Shh...don't tell anyone...but I like EE's better than Arucanas and Americanas....I'm probably going to get beaten up now!

Quote:
Nope, you'll only get beaten up for spelling Ameraucana wrong.
wink.png
I also think EE's are far more diverse, but I do still have a heart for the strive in perfection of the Ameraucana and Araucana.
smile.png
I like purebred, show quality birds. - But I still love my two EE's.

I have some purebred birds, some not, they're all the same in my eyes. All my babies! Just like doggies though, sometimes the mutts are the best ones.

(I know what ya mean though...there's a special place in my heart for my show standard cochins)

Back
Top Bottom