Aurora Co law up for review again - need resources

Hey Cleebee,
Would do any good and does anyone here know anyone from the areas around us that may be allowed chickens? May be find out what their council feels about them and why they approved their ordinance. May be this could be used to help our cause for chickens. I live in a very Latino neighborhood and we laugh about how everyone around us would probably have chickens and the Mercado would go out of business! But I say good let us empower out neighborhoods to be self-sufficient!

Dang... I was getting ready to sign a lease for a rental in Aurora. Guess I will reconsider renting in this area. I'm glad I found this thread. I was under the impression that everyone had caught up with the new Denver County rules. I guess some people are still behind the times.

We have been chatting with James Bertoli (?) who got the denver laws passed. I think, gypsybum48, that the latino aspect is a big part of why city council is opposed. They want to gentrify, and they don't see chickens as being in line with that vision. Never mind that if chickies were allowed, they could be regulated.

They spent how much money to build their "Taj Mahal" city building? And now they're worried that a few backyard chickens will cause them to answer their telephones and explain the ordinances to people. Most people are law abiding citizens and would follow the rules anyway.

Thanks to Cleebee for starting a blog and keeping this post going! After an email exchange with her I would like to announce that there is a Facebook page now for this as well, to facilitate discussions and ideas on getting the laws passed in Aurora. Please join us if you can! https://www.facebook.com/ChicksInAurora

We don't have a review meeting set yet. In the next few weeks we will probably have a meeting just to get together and see how much support we have, then go from there. I will keep y'all posted!! But for now you can help by spreading the word to neighbors and friends in Aurora, contact your city council rep, and be ready to do so again when we have enough people to deluge the city council with out support for the movement. Check back here, or on the Facebook Page, or on the blog.

I am curious what would happen if someone got caught with a cople of ducks in their back yard. We are incubating some eggs right now as a project and would like to keep a couple. Anybody know?

Back
Top Bottom