Aurora Co law up for review again - need resources

Well IF caught, then they would give you a warning to "relocate" the said animals. If they came back during the set time frame given to and you still had the illegal animal they would fine you and either take the animals or tell you again to get rid of them and ticket you for court...and so on and so forth from there. Sorry can't tell you exactly just an idea though because it hasn't happened to us "directly" however it has happened to people we've known. Good luck, Ive heard ducks are MUCH louder than chickens and thats what they all had but who knows...let us know how things go =)

Veronica

Thank you for your response. I am going to give it a whirl. My neighbors do not care so I so it think I will have an issue there. I just hop they legalize chickens soon, I started with ducks because he guy I bought the eggs from will take them if I have issues.

Quote:
Chickens....it doesn't get much more gentrific! Ok...I think I just made up a new word. In all seriousness, Englands royal family has chickens. So if there is anyone out there saying chickens are only for us country bumpkins/hicks/rednecks (what ever....) they could not be MORE WRONG!

Technically they are not allowed. But it would depend on neighbors complaining.

We are going to plan a meeting in June - probably Thursday the 13th at 6. I will keep you all posted.

Clea

Okay - our next meeting to discuss our progress and meet with Sally Mounier will be Thursday, June 13 at 6pm at Crawford Community Center (school), 1600 Florence St.in Aurora. Hope you can join us! Spread the word!

I hope your wife is okay, Franjo!

The meeting went well. There were more than a dozen people there, I think, and we introduced ourselves and discussed why we want chickens. We handed out flyers and discussed next moves: call your representative and the four "at large" representatives and let them know you want chickens in AUrora.

Hi jeanlyn101!

The best thing you can do at this point is to call your city council rep (if you are in ward one, you don't need to call Sally; do call the At Large reps) - email is okay, but a phone call is good - and let them know you support Aurora allowing well-cared for small flocks of hens (we are asking for 6, with no roos). Then ask your friends and neighbors to do the same thing. They don't need to want hens for themselves, just support the change in the ordinance.

We will be meeting again in a month or so, and setting up a petition. I will keep y'all posted on when that is ready.

Clea

We live in Aurora, we have decided to get pets with wings and ignore the rules a bit. Those of you in Aurora, that have been caught what did you do?

Back
Top Bottom