australian shepherd lovers..

First pic is of Lassen, going WB and BOW over 45 class females and 36 dogs in tough Calif competition. She got pulled for breed too. She is just over 2 years old. It was her first major under limited showing, although she has a handful of Reserves.

lassenbow1-cropped.jpg

Lassen and her "twin" sister, Cinder. I do not own Cinder.

LC4.jpg

Lassen hanging out. My other aussie, Macy, was cut off in the photo. LOL.

lassenpassedout.jpg

Lassen and Macy playing on the river bank a year ago.
crop_edited-1.jpg

Lexie is Australian Shepherd Blue Heeler cross, we beleive. I did not care because my neighbor had 5 puppies and I just had to have her. She does not need a coat but it wa
DSCN0733.jpg
s wet this day and she was having a ball with our other 2 dogs.

Last edited:
Though I am years away from getting another dog, I have become intrigued by the aussies.

I'm owned by a Collie (smooth coat) and a Great Dane right now. I'm spoiled b/c both of my dogs love and protect my chickens and never even give the chickens a sideways glance.

So now I'm all nervous ( I know I have a few years
smile.png
) about finding another dog who will be just as good with the chickens. So tell me more about these aussies. Who knows? Maybe that'll be the next breed to come home with me!

Quote:
Aussies are not for everyone. They're very high energy and protective. They also really need some sort of work to do. Their herding instinct is strong and needs to be channeled into something productive rather than destructive. Socializing is of particular importance with them, as without it they can become really odd with strangers - filled with mistrust. They're good sized dogs but they're not really "jump up on you" dogs. Mine would always sit at my feet, often with their head(s) on my lap and just stare at me. If I would bend down to speak to them or make eye contact, their stare would get more intense and finally they would snap and sort of pop up to lick my face or hands. They're super dogs but really need attention and exercise every day.

Back
Top Bottom