Australians - Where are you all????

Pics
Congratulations on your orange promotion - do we have to call you "Sir" now?
smile.png
bow.gif

Also, congrats on Baby duckling - I know how much that will mean to you.
We now have 3 chickens in the incubator. I have 3 broodies who are sharing the same nest(silly creatures!) and one chick hatched, I decided it was safer in the broody box, don't want it getting scalped! Compared to the other two it is tiny, can't believe how much they have grown in a few days.

Going away to Sydney for a few days , so will be off air! Hope to see lots more Aussie posts when I get back!
thumbsup.gif

lau.gif
No I am still just plain old Alicia...Just with a little bit more spring in my step today knowing that there are some very kind and generous people out there who would do that for a stranger.

Little duckie is still tapping away- and very vocal- I love hearing eggs peep... I sure hope to see a crack in the egg soon though.

If you think chickens grow fast- you should try ducklings sometime...They are incredible.

Hope you enjoy you time in Sydney..

Hi everyone I haven't been on in a while I just started Tafe and I'm doing my CERT III in information technology. How is everyone? Wooklet your chicks are so cute congrats!!! Oh how nice Duckyfromoz There are some really nice people on here arn't there. Has that duckling hatched yet? Pics pics we love pics LOL Oh and welcome Fowl_language( funny name lol).

Ducky hatched today while I was at my first Poultry show. A little cutie too. Also I won Champion Waterfowl light bird with one of my ducks!! I was quite shocked actually. I guess now I can definately say my ducks are show quality- I got some great advice from the judge about my birds...and tonight I feel like I am floating I am so happy.

So many things had been bad for me lately... I hope all the good things mean things have turned around for me...To bad i forgot to buy my tattslotto ticket this week...I have played the same numbers for years... I have only forgotten to buy the ticket a few tijmes...Hope its not a bad thing I forgot this week.

I did Cert II a few years ago. I really enjoyed it. Hope you do too.

My next lot of ducklings are hatching. These guys are heaps bigger and stronger..and oh the colous,,,cant wait to see more of them than just beaks...But so far I see orange, orange and grey, and one that is orange and black... The first little one is just about out...

i will post a pic when they are all out and fluffed up.

big_smile.png
Congrats Ducky on your new little ones! Can't wait to see the pics. Just got back from Sydney, it's nice to be back in my quiet little Tassie, with all my chook family! Also congrats on your success at the show,
clap.gif
that's the next thing for me. I have a couple of nice Silkies that I feel could do well, my judge friend is going to have a look at them next week and then I may enter them in my very first show.
Also have 24 eggs due to hatch next Sunday(23rd Aug), hubby is busy making a broody box for them, as the plastic container we have littlies in at the moment will be far too small for them! Wanted to ask one thing, I have a heat lamp, it is 350 watts, would that be too strong for the new hatchlings? I would hate to cook these ones!
hu.gif

Oh yeah..I forgot pics.. This is of the first 8... I had an extra late surprise one as well..it has pipped backwards in the egg..and was two days later than the others.

46956_goonie_and_friends.jpg

It is always nice to be home. Good luck with your first show..and with your hatch.. Im not to sure about your heat lamp..I just use some little reading lamps for mine- I keep my house heated for them as well- so they only need a smaller lamp.

Beautiful babies! Mine are due to hatch Sunday. All 24 of them - we hope! Decided not to go with the heat lamp, hubby made a whizz bang box for the hatchlings with 2 lights, in case one blows and a place where they can go to get away from the heat - I learnt a hard lesson the last time
hit.gif

Hello! Where HAVE all the Aussies gone??
hu.gif
Come in and say "Hi"!
frow.gif

It does get a bit qiuet on here...I guess this thread was quite for so long people forget to keep looking for it!!!

Good luck with the hatch wooklet...Not long to go now... I have some more eggs due next weekend- I dont know where i ma goiong to start putting all these ducklings..I was going to take a break from incubating for a while...but when the young girls strated laying..I couldnt resist... 8 now...and seven eggs next week...Lucky there are all so darn cute....

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
that's how many have hatched as I write this! 3 are pipping and 2 are wobbling! The new hatchlings are all in the new broody box hubby made for them and looking great. I must have misjudged the day I put them in because they arrived a day early.
clap.gif

I am as bad or good as you! Have bought 12 Silkie eggs and am toying with the temptation of buying another 12. People here seem to have gone crazy on Silkies. Hubby knows about the first 12, but not about the others - serves him right for hogging the t.v. with football and leaving me to amuse myself on the computer! It's not the babies I have trouble placing, it's when they get older and fussy about who they go in with! Hopefully I'll be able to sell a few by then. Do you hate selling your babies? I do, but if I didn't we would have 2000 chickens here!

I'll try to post some pics tomorrow. Hope your new hatchlings are all good, and the others arrive safely.
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom