Australians - Where are you all????

Pics
OH dear... He really shouldnt be anywhere near chooks, chickens or eggs without supervision should he. It is so great that he has shown an interest - and Im sure all his intentions are well meant - but he really has had a long run of bad luck hasnt he.

That really is a lovely Poem- Thanks for sharing it. I wish I could keep these little guys- I am trying to find someone close by where I can keep the chinese goose. They are so rare at a show- so would love to keep it- but space and noise is such an issue for me... I will keep thinking of ways I might be able to keep it though.

I had a great week at the show. Two of my newly hatched ducklings were in the newspaper on Tuesday. I did some interviews - one for ABC radio about poultry and the show in general. It was a nervous time and I did find it a little difficult to talk- but it was so great to have the experience to do it. Cant wait for next year. I will hopefully have a few birds to enter myself then too.

Last edited:
Do any of you know where i can get chooks from in adelaide at all? preferably around the northern suburbs? Or any websites you can suggest?

Im needing some more chooks. Ive already lost 4 and now another has a broken leg looks like i will be down to 3. 2 hens and a roo.

Cheers for any help

Hi,Ma noob,Have you tried Backyard Poultry? If you go to their site www.backyardpoultry.com.au and once there go to the notice board.Then you will see that you can browse the ads by State.For you it would be SA,of course! They have new ads every day,and it really is the best place to find chooks . Good Luck with it,and
welcome-byc.gif

p.s. so sorry to hear about your chooks,we have runs of bad luck like that,hopefully the tide has turned for you and you will have good luck with them from now on!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
OMG..talk about overun...I have just hatched out a little cutie that has brought my total number to 51 !!!
ep.gif

The house is full of brooders... And I am run off my feet looking after them all..But I love them all.

Its a little wWhite / Harlequin cross and so pretty..Cant wait til its all fluffed up... so I can take it out for a good cuddle....

ep.gif
51!!! (Sorry to copy your smilie - it was the only one that seemed appropriate). Well done, no wonder you are run off your feet. Hope they all turn out to be Champions and your little white X sounds so cute, you would have had a good cuddle by now.
We are probably not far behind you,I just have not dared to count. 3 incubators full (I even have Malay eggs in there now,long story!),2 broody boxes, 2 coops outside full of babies,,,and finally I have a little sick one by my bed - the light from it kept me awake all night! It's a little one we helped out of the shell - yes,I know you shouldn't,but how can you leave them there cheeping to die?? But he's getting there,standing up now and pecking at the bits of food I dropped down for him. Harry has decided that he wants to live with the pretty white girl next door - typical man,he comes back at night but it is getting harder and harder toget him back,short of locking him up I don't know how to keep him here-any ideas?
hu.gif

Hi all
I am new to chicken keeping only started with 4 from the incubator at Easter, now I have 24. I live north of Sydney not far from Kezabel who started this thread.

I just need to be able to build pens faster
big_smile.png

cheers

Poor Harry... Getting him a girl friend at home may help him stick around. Poor wooklet...having to chase him home all the time. Unfortunately it may be a case of getting him a mate or locking him up. I have never had that problem- always lots of girls here.

Welcome waggis. nice to see another new Aussie joining the site.

Incubating and raising cute little fluff balls sure is addictive isnt it??

Oh gosh...silly me... I forgot to add the photo!! here is little Zorro. So named because of the cute little stripe on his ( her ) face.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom