Australians - Where are you all????

Are we talking about the auction in frankston tomoro?

I was going to go, just for the experience. I wish they were selling fertile eggs though. That's what I ned now. Actually do they in fact sell eggs?

Quote:
I'm catching you
wink.png

I don't feel up to greeting right now, I try to think of something special to say but it gets hard.

AHHH! i didn't know you were so close! *Must Post Crazy!*

Crazy!

Anyhow, where've you been all day? We missed you!
hugs.gif
I even made you a thread to answer your winning one... I kinda hijacked it
hide.gif
How does one hijack one's own thread anyhow?
gig.gif

Ducky, obviously I've missed it back further but who is Noggy? I feel sorry for your blind duckie, she's lucky to have a good person to look after her.
smile.png
I have a nearly completely blind wether goat so I have some idea what it's like for her. He cries when he loses the herd or when it rains and he can't find the gate to get back to the stables.

Maybe only Wooklet would remember... I have a seeing eye drake...Noggy, well Noggin is what he was originally called. he is gorgeous- but very heavy for a runner- and not a breeder, but he has been here for so long because of his attachment to Stevie-Ray. The two used to be inseparable. But now days- Noggy doesnt pay as much attention To Stevie-Ray. So...sadly I cant keep him any longer. I really need to reduce numbers and with him not being show quality and all... he has to go.
hit.gif
I will miss him as he is lovely, but Im sure he will be happy living somewhere else with the new wife I have chosen for him.

Quote:
Selling only... I hope. But there is one or two I know are coming that may be worth a look at. Another fellow breeding Cinnamon Runners is bringing some 1 year olds in. They are bred from a drake from the same breeder I got my drake from- and a female that I sold him. I think my girl will be better than what he has to offer ( I have already grilled him on what he is bringing. ) but they are still worth a look.

Another chook, starting to spiral down into the pits of old age... Mine all seem to die at three years of age. I've had sex links for a while, and they all do that. Not particularly fussed as they're good layers, but I heard chooks are meant to live for, what, ten years?

ray's two cents :

Another chook, starting to spiral down into the pits of old age... Mine all seem to die at three years of age. I've had sex links for a while, and they all do that. Not particularly fussed as they're good layers, but I heard chooks are meant to live for, what, ten years?

wait you mean that chook you showed me in the pic is a sex link! ha! please explain how you know this? they are not sex links...​

ray's two cents :

Im not really surprised. These type of chickens tend to do this. They lay and lay and lay and then die. Maybe you should try a different breed next time pure breeds don't lay continuously but they live and lay for longer.​

Quote:
wait you mean that chook you showed me in the pic is a sex link! ha! please explain how you know this? they are not sex links...

The guy in the shop says our birds are all sex links. I didn't think the feed store sold anything else. What was she then?

Guinea: Yeah, they lay flat out for two years usually then crash and burn. Even my younger ones, aged many a year and four months, are starting to get old feathers/wattles and becoming less active.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom