Australians - Where are you all????

You're all inspiring me to get more birds!! I have so much to learn, can't wait!
ya.gif
What are the best breeds? Need to be friendly and give me eggs! I have 2 Australorp crosses who are 23 weeks old.

Sooo, the avatar is best I can do for a shot of the new (not quite finished) run. The old ebay coop is in there for nesting/ roosting and we've basically given them an extension. Whenever we're home they own the yard but we have a neighbourhood fox so need them safe when we're not around
sad.png
We're planning on lattice over the top for the back half and 12mm wire over the rest. Yipee
D.gif

Hi Guinea Fowl, I have some Australorp x New Hampshire. When you say Blue Australorps what do you mean exactly? My girls are beautiful with their blue/greeny irridescent backs and their bits of fiery red and brown around their necks (my best description of them) Two have yellow eyes and one has big black ones which I hadn't noticed till hubby pointed that out yesterday. They are pretty special girls.

They are a grey. I'll try to post a picture but I'm on my phone so it might not work. I'll have access to my computer tomorrow night so if the photo doesn't work now, I'll post one then.
Australorps also come in white

Last edited:
Good morning, Aussies! Lovely birds, Guinea. They remind me of some of my own, just blue
lol.png

How are we all? Any plans for the week?

Not really.
My goals for the week are
1, pick up my 4 beautiful little Belgium bantams today.
2, pay for the Australorp eggs so they can be sent to me.
3, work out how I'm hatching the eggs. Broody, cabinate incubator or foam incubator. I'm leaning towards the broody and foam. I haven't tested out the cabinate one yet and I don't want to be testing it out on these eggs.
5, GET THOSE EGGS INCUBATING.

Sounds like a good week or me.

Back
Top Bottom