Australians - Where are you all????

Hi justchookn,

When theyre bigger I'll let them freerange. The neighbour has 3 dogs that are quite feral cos they dont look after them much.
I got to watch them & be there to supervise the 'free-ranging'

But I cant have too many in the back yard....the 3 human girls need abit of room to play too.
gig.gif
wee.gif

Quote:
So she hasn't eaten anything this morning but has drunk a lot of water. She's very quiet, just hanging out in the coop. I'm very worried
sad.png

OH NO.. chickenmumma!!! U got a sick girl?? Man some odd things can happen & Im so glad you've taken her to the vet. I feel its very important to
take them to the vet when you cant help them. No offence to other BYC-ers, but I think if you cant keep them healthy its not a good option to try
to 'operate' on them yourself if your not qualified?? In saying that, Im aware that some cant afford to send them to the vet. In Oz its against the
cruelty act & punishable by law, not to get your animals looked at by a vet if needed.
hide.gif
hide.gif
hide.gif

I just cant handle animals suffering, thats all, so please, no offence intended for any BYC members here.
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Fingers crossed for little CoCo xoxoxoxoxoxo

OK, so the xrays showed some heart abnormalities but the vet doesn't think that's the primary problem. There's something in her abdomen that could be a gasto-intestinal issue, a reproductive system issue or a cancerous growth. They're gonna give her a barium series to try and figure out which it is but they can't do it till tomorrow. Since they're not staffed this afternoon, she said I can bring her home and drop her back there in the morning. I've got an old playpen from when they were chicks so I've dug that out and cleaned it up so she can stay inside where it's warm. I can't wait to see her!!

Oh and Chic-a-dee I love your gorgeous girls and the the boy is a spunk too!

Quote:
Wow....do u think ur girl was born with those problems?? Its also probably better financially you bring her home too. This is gona cost you a pretty penny
th.gif
barnie.gif

I hope she can get the help she needs poor girl. Is she a young chook?? Sorry I havent read your earlier posts.
hu.gif

Post a pic if your able so we can see how she is...xoxoxoxo

The Queensland fires were on the news this morning: looks like that state's had a very tough time this past year. Hope all you QLDers are all right
hugs.gif

ray's two cents :

The Queensland fires were on the news this morning: looks like that state's had a very tough time this past year. Hope all you QLDers are all right
hugs.gif

Are we having fires
hu.gif

I knew there were fires a few weeks ago from burn offs getting out of hand. But I haven't heard anything lately.​

Hi Guys!

Well we're back from the vet
smile.png
You were right Chic, I hadn't even thought of the bill but I saved $160 by bringing her home
clap.gif
I think it's theraputic for her to be with her family rather than a cage all alone. As a special treat I've let them into the vegie patch (part of Coco's problem has been weight loss as she's been off her food) and boy oh boy it was like all their Christmases had come at once! After a good forage around she's given herself a dust bath, has helped us finish our fish 'n' chips and is back into the vegies. I can't wait to see if she's gained some weight tomorrow!

Ok, I'm gonna try and put a photo up. If this works then I'll put a few more on. And to answer your question Chic, she's almost 6 months old.

108777_img_7361.jpg

Yippee! A little big so I'll try a thumbnail....

These are Coco in the broccoli:

Having a bath:

And this is Matilda:

Think I might make that shot my new avatar, what do you reckon??

We're back at the vet tomorrow for more tests so I'll worry about tomorrow tomorrow and today we'll enjoy today
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom