Australians - Where are you all????

:yuckyuck

Heard about the earthquakes on the news.
Haven't had any here in SA this year. Or any ones of significance anyway.

Anyone else get shaken by the earthquakes in gippsland & melbourne a few days ago? I think it shocked one of our hens into a moult
lol.png

I got told it was felt throughout Bendigo ( my town) I didn't feel anything at all.

I'm getting sick of 'Moe' jokes. They're just not funny (if they ever were?). My mother, despite being born in Swan Hill, spent most of her childhood years (about age of 8 until age of 15) in Moe. The jokes just don't make sense when you visit somewhere regularly and the first time you visited (in memory) you were amazed by how BIG the town was! And the epicentre wasn't even in Moe anyway...

Fierlin, wasn't there a earthquake earlier this year with an epicentre in Ironbank? Well, the news said Upper Sturt, because no-one knows where Ironbank is, us being a total of 5 streets, about 30 houses, and no less than 3 council areas. Maybe it was at the end of last year, though, but I thought it was more recent than that. By the way, if no-one's ever even heard of Ironbank, I totally understand. There are two sorts of people in the world; those who have never ever heard of Ironbank, and those who live there. Oh, and those who say, "Isn't there a poem about that place?" And no, Banjo Paterson wrote a poem about the Man from IronbaRk, not IronbaNk. Sorry, we're not that famous...

And while I'm complaining about Ironbank (I actually love my town, it's just such a good place to poke fun at), and everyone's probably tuned out, I'll just mention something I found out the other day. So, I live on Road X (not real name), right? Road X is 5.5km long, with no roads turning off it. One end is in the centre of Ironbank. The other end is on the edge of Upper Sturt. Upper Sturt is is the Council Area H; when you reach that end of Road X, you can see the sign for the Council Area H to the right, and Council Area M to the left. If you turn around and head back towards Ironbank, the first 2.7km of Road X is in Council Area H. Then you cross a river, and you're in Council Area O. Then 1.4km further along, you're back Council Area H.

In case I'm not the only person that didn't make sense to, I will simplify it all by saying that Road X, has no turn-offs. Both ends are in Council Area H, 1.4km in the middle is in Council Area O. Now I've finished complaining about illogical council area boundary lines, I'll shut up and go to sleep now.
from Rachel.

:yuckyuck

That's hilarious.
And you're right, I haven't heard of Ironbank. Then I don't suppose many people have heard of the town named Sydney, which is in Canada, either. :p
Dang I live in Melrose Park and hardly anybody knows what I'm talking about until I say "opposite from Edwardstown". :old
I barely know where Upper Sturt is, to be honest, although my art teacher lives somewhere near the vicinity of Sturt Rd. :lau

I do remember there being a couple of small quakes around last year, but i was asleep during both of them. :lol:

Last edited:
Animals have a weird way of doing that. I hear apparently pigeons are good indicators. :lol:

Chooks are laying again. We have lift-off.

Okey dokey *traipses over*

(I think it must've been a molt. These chickens have turned out somewhat better than the last couple, who dropped out on us after two years. :lol:)

Back
Top Bottom