Australorp and ...?

3goodeggs

pays attention sporadically
10 Years
May 22, 2009
North Central Florida
This is Reynard. He is supposed to be an Australorp, but he was also supposed to be a hen according to the young lady that had to get rid of him because, sadly, she wasn't a hen she was a he.

I bought him because he was sweet and beautiful, so if you all say he isn't a pure Australorp, I won't be devastated. I mean, they are supposed to be all of that lovely shinny green over black all over them right? no golden?
He is so beautiful and cares for the hens like he should and from a personality viewpoint I'd like more like him. (I doubt any eggs are fertile though, he seems to miss a lot, but the girls are Buff Orpingtons and I am looking forward to Reynard and BO chicks...once I start seeing some bull's eyes.)

32107_cimg3726.jpg

He's a cutie. He's half Orpington, half Black Australorp. (pink/white shanks, body shape, and coloration give it away for both of them)

Gritsar, you got me thinking broody. I didn't need chicks until you needed chicks.
wink.png

Thanks, Illia, I was thinking that might be what he is. His legs are grey, and the girls have the pink legs. The pink you see is one of the girls bobbing her comb into the frame. He has a few feathers that have white splotches on them. So I started thinking he might be muttier than I thought.
He will still have lovely chicks. I just need to mate him with an easy going lady. I prefer personality over looks, but if I can have them both, I am all for it.
smile.png

That is so weird! My rooster turned out looking almost identical to yours, and he too, was supposed to be an australorp. I'll have to get pics soon!

Quote:
Well, well, well. That solves my problem. I was wondering why my my rooster's feet were pink... Duh!
roll.png
That's good though, hopefully his chicks will come out more golden then black!

Back
Top Bottom