Australorp eggs?

pboyle

Chirping
5 Years
Nov 23, 2014
North Quabbin, MA
Hello,
I have a flock of black australorp and would like to mix up the genetics in the flock. I usually get broodies every year, and this year I would like to swap out some eggs to mix up the genes a bit.

I am hoping to find someone similar to me interested in swapping or selling some fertile eggs. And willing to ship overnight once I can confirm a broody.

I can reciprocate !

This is an amazing breed !

Hello,
I have a flock of black australorp and would like to mix up the genetics in the flock. I usually get broodies every year, and this year I would like to swap out some eggs to mix up the genes a bit.

I am hoping to find someone similar to me interested in swapping or selling some fertile eggs. And willing to ship overnight once I can confirm a broody.

I can reciprocate !

This is an amazing breed !
I sell hatching eggs, but I am not interested in getting any more right now. I keep three clans of them and can send at least two different families of hatching eggs if you want them. My australorps carry the blue genes.

Hello,
Thanks!
I am interested. Can you tell me more about your flock? Do you have any pictures? How do you know they carry the blue genes? Thanks ! Also, We are still under a snowstorm here, and no broodies yet. Is this the best way to stay in contact?

Black chickens generally do not carry the blue gene. I’m not a geneticist, but if you breed a blue Australorp with a black Australorp you will get roughly half blues and half blacks. If you breed blue to blue you get roughly 50% blue and 25% black, and 25% splash. Black to splash gets 100% blue. These color percentages have rung generally true after hatching hundreds of chicks for us, but not for each hatch.

If you want the blue gene, get some blue or splash chicks and breed them with your black australorps.

You can see pics of some of our chcikens at
DowdleFamilyFarms.com

Hello,
Thanks!
I am interested. Can you tell me more about your flock? Do you have any pictures? How do you know they carry the blue genes? Thanks ! Also, We are still under a snowstorm here, and no broodies yet. Is this the best way to stay in contact?

You can email me from the website and I will give you my phone number if you want to call or talk on the phone.

Back
Top Bottom