Australorp, Maran or mix?

agree with @Brahmachicken240 about this. Also, you said she's bigger than you're cochins, and in the pic you have with the cochin, I can see that... I think the reason is that you appear to have bantam cochins. That would make this lady a standard size.

Yep, you're right she is a standard size and very heavy in comparison to my tiny bantams.

I have a hen with a similar silhouette who is a cross between a Spitzhauben and a Cochin. She got her crest from the Spitzhauben, and her feathered legs from the Cochin. So it is possible that a Polish is part of your hen's background, but that the other parent contributed the feathered legs. It will be interesting to see what she lays! Here's a pic of my cross for reference:View attachment 1663054

That is a possibility too, though she has a very distinct green shade to her feathers, so I thought she has to get that from one parent too and they usually don't have feathered legs or crests.

She doesn't look like any breed I know. If you can get a list of breeds the hatchery was selling at the time you bought the chicks, we may be able to narrow it down. It may be a breed that is simply unfamiliar to us, since you are in Pakistan. It could also be a mixed breed if you bought from a backyard breeder, but since you say you bought from a hatchery, it seems unlikely.

She doesn't look like I have seen here either haha, I'm as confused as you are.
I will definitely give them a call and ask for a list of the breeds.

Back
Top Bottom