Australorp, Maran or mix?

[QUOTE="And yep her crest is what confuses me too, first I thought maybe she's a mix of polish and Australorp.[/QUOTE]

So that leads me to another question: Does any chicken with a crest on its head get picked at (the crest) by the non-crested chickens? Because I think they look really cute, but I don't want to create a problem when we get our chickens.

[QUOTE=" I really hope you all could tell me what breed she belongs to, pictures are below. :)

What a beautiful chicken! Look at the green tones in her feathers! Is she laying eggs for you?

Thank you, I love the green in her feathers too, she always stands out in the day :)
And no not yet, anxiously waiting for her to lay her first egg!

[QUOTE="And yep her crest is what confuses me too, first I thought maybe she's a mix of polish and Australorp.

So that leads me to another question: Does any chicken with a crest on its head get picked at (the crest) by the non-crested chickens? Because I think they look really cute, but I don't want to create a problem when we get our chickens.[/QUOTE]

It happens more than you think. The other chickens think it's something extra stuck on their heads and they peck at them often.
My Cochin bantams pick on her so I usually have to separate them.
This was the case with my Polish and Cochins before too and I couldn't get them to stop.

[QUOTE="And yep her crest is what confuses me too, first I thought maybe she's a mix of polish and Australorp.

So that leads me to another question: Does any chicken with a crest on its head get picked at (the crest) by the non-crested chickens? Because I think they look really cute, but I don't want to create a problem when we get our chickens.[/QUOTE]
Ours doesn't.
So...feathered leg breeds are Marans, Cochin, and Brahma, right? And crested are Polish and Legbar? I'm going to guess Polish and Marans or Legbar and Marans. :)

She's laying :D! Thought I'd share it, since some of you asked before what colour her eggs are and now I have one! :yesss:
It's colour isn't much different from my Bantam's eggs but shape yes, and size well obviously.

It's the bigger one at the bottom left. The rest are my Bantam's.
JPEG_20190219_193425_4039163802956226285.jpg

Back
Top Bottom