Australorps breed Thread

They seem to have it sorted now
smile.png

This is Mint just before she laid yesterday!

I am glad it is working for you. New hens just need a little time to get the whole procedure down correctly. I find threatening them with eviction if they do not deposit the rent in the "payment receptacle" helps them understand. No Hen wants to be homeless.

Well mine paid her rent just in time this morning. Cooking a cake and needed two egg yolks and only had one egg in the fridge. Right on cue Peppa started making a racket :).

I purchased three checks at Rural king and one of the silver laced Wyandotte has already turned out to be Cockrel. Can somebody please tell me if this Australorp check is also a boy I'm very much worried that it is, I hope it is not. It is exactly 4 weeks old

That is so disappointing to hear because like I said one of them turned out to be a cockerel The silver laced wyandotte and I just hope you're wrong. The only hope I have is the color waddles, it's not very bright

I purchased three checks at Rural king and one of the silver laced Wyandotte has already turned out to be Cockrel. Can somebody please tell me if this Australorp check is also a boy I'm very much worried that it is, I hope it is not. It is exactly 4 weeks old
Were they supposed to be pullets?

The BA is a boy.

Were they supposed to be pullets?

The BA is a boy.
Yes definitely pullets not straight run. After I complained about three weeks later the lady that sold them to me said that they been having problems because they have a new hatchery they do business with. I wish she had told me that before I purchase them

Back
Top Bottom