Australorps breed Thread

We had an "earth quake" this week in Cobourg. 2.9 or there abouts. apparently 5km under lake Ontario. We might fall in too.
lol.png

Our earthquake in Edgefield South Carolina was a 4.1! Too scary for a former Fla boy that has never been near one!!

Hey, just saw this again.  too funny, have to share.

The Official Canadian Temperature Conversion Chart:

50 Fahrenheit (10 C)

Californians shiver uncontrollably.

Canadians plant gardens.

35 Fahrenheit (1.6 C)

Italian Cars won't start

Canadians drive with the windows down

32 Fahrenheit (0 C)

American water freezes

Canadian water gets thicker.

0 Fahrenheit (-17..9 C)

New York City landlords finally turn on the heat.

Canadians have the last cookout of the season.

-60 Fahrenheit (-51 C)

Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.

Canadian Girl Guides sell cookies door-to-door.

-109.9 Fahrenheit (-78.5 C)

Carbon dioxide freezes makes dry ice.

Canadians pull down their earflaps.

-173 Fahrenheit (-114 C)

Ethyl alcohol freezes.

Canadians get frustrated when they can't thaw the keg

-459.67 Fahrenheit (-273.15 C)

Absolute zero; all atomic motion stops.

Canadians start saying "cold, eh?"

-500 Fahrenheit (-295 C)

Hell freezes over.

The Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup

:gig :lau As a fellow Canadian I find this hilarious LOL

I wish we were closer I have 9 nice Gilbert pullets and I am cutting down to 3. I will have 3 that I will be getting rid of. They are all laying and I am getting 4 dz eggs a week.

Dan

My half Gilbert's turned out fenomenol. He got to pick out the ones he wanted eggs from when he was out here. Unfortunately he had to move his flock to someone else due to land problems. Then I heard that this weekend he was hit by a car at te Newnan Georgia show and has several fractures in his leg. Hoping he heals well. In the mean time I have four cockerels that are half Gilbert half Sherman that I'm breeding as well as an old Sherman cock. I have about 15 hens breeding. Definitely not going to hatch 80 this year but I'll probably hatch 30 or 40 this year.
Zach

My half Gilbert's turned out fenomenol. He got to pick out the ones he wanted eggs from when he was out here. Unfortunately he had to move his flock to someone else due to land problems. Then I heard that this weekend he was hit by a car at te Newnan Georgia show and has several fractures in his leg. Hoping he heals well. In the mean time I have four cockerels that are half Gilbert half Sherman that I'm breeding as well as an old Sherman cock. I have about 15 hens breeding. Definitely not going to hatch 80 this year but I'll probably hatch 30 or 40 this year.
Zach

I hope he gets better soon!

bonnylass, I'm in Brandon. We are over half done with the coop expansion. Had trouble with the anti theft system in my truck this morning, and and had to transfer the tools to dh's car. That set us back a bit. Have to see about getting it running again in the morning, or have it towed to Ford, so they can reset it.

Zach

I hate to hear that about Bob! It has been a month or so since I talked to him and I had not heard this.

Zach, I have a cock that is out of the Sherman lines I will be crossing with my Gilbert pullets. Time will tell I guess. Thanks for the info about Bob!

Dan

Back
Top Bottom