Australorps breed Thread

No expert either but they look pretty good to me! Its funny but they don't look any different really shape wise to mine. I would have thought you could pick a bantam by looks but without a size reference I couldn't. Shorter legs perhaps but hard to tell if that's just the grass.

Mine would be way over those weights though.

Last edited:
No expert either but they look pretty good to me! Its funny but they don't look any different really shape wise to mine. I would have thought you could pick a bantam by looks but without a size reference I couldn't. Shorter legs perhaps but hard to tell if that's just the grass.

Mine would be way over those weights though.
Thanks!
smile.png
Yeah it can be hard to notice bantam vs standard in photos!

They look great to me! I'm especially in love with that black hen second to last there. She's gorgeous.
Thank you, she's the smallest of the bunch, such a funny little thing!
smile.png

My husband and I finally got the birds separated into the new coops. When we did so, and he could look at the numbers, he finally realized what I've been telling him for two months. That we're missing four pullets. He asked me when we got down to so few of the SQ Aussies ( pointing at Spencer and Nine) I just started laughing. It was.. April? When we lost them mysteriously during the day. He
Just noticed. This is why I'm in charge of counts.

A squat! My hatchery australorp just squatted for me at 19 weeks. This seems unusually early? Or is it a hatchery bird thing? Here she is chilling with her buddy Fred.

A squat! My hatchery australorp just squatted for me at 19 weeks. This seems unusually early? Or is it a hatchery bird thing? Here she is chilling with her buddy Fred.

No, not too early. It is usually two weeks from the first squat to the first egg--that will be 21 weeks which is in the ball park for a hatchery pullet at this time of year.

Back
Top Bottom