Australorps breed Thread

painted, There are only 2 people I know of that had projects going, trying to get Blues, and Splashes up to par, so they could be accepted as SOP colors. The first is Chet Hupp of Hupp Farms in Az. The second was Kurt aka RattlesnakeRidgeWV. This was recently posted by Kurt aka RattlesnakeRidgeWV. Due to personal health issues with myself and my wife the Blue Black Splash Aussie Rattlesnake Ridge Line will be coming to an end. If anybody wants to make a road trip for my breeders or young cockerels that I kept let me know. Fair pricing, I just want the line to continue. Kurt 304-258-9468 Give him a call. IF they are no longer breeding, ask if they might have sold to anyone that you could get stock from. Be forewarned, they don't usually ship eggs, or stock. He has a lot of knowledge, so if he's sold all his stock, ask him how to go about setting up your own program for breeding Blues, etc. He's a wealth of information.

For the record, BA's were on the endangered list, then a few years ago, they generated some interest, and their endangered status dropped to guarded. Far too many of those breeders have discontinued breeding them, due to various reasons, so there are not a lot of them out there. It took me 9 months to get my first breeding trio, and they were not cheap.

Yes, I have shown, and done well. I recently ran into a snag. I scoured the country for SOP BA's. Fortunately I was able to contact the original breeder of my stock, and get what I needed, so hopefully the problem will be solved.

Thanks, all. Hmm.

Does that mean that the pullets with dark eyes are also mixed? I got my first two eggs from the pullets (out of 5) at our house today. So far, I have not had all 6 of the girls at our neighbors' place laying yet... I do have 11 eggs in the incubator and we'll see how that goes. I didn't have a powerful enough candler to see into the brown eggs (or the blue ones either - Ameraucana, CLB & EE)...

Still thinking I'll keep these girls for egg laying and even breeding. They and the cockerels are good sized. Got to a nice size (I wasn't weighing them, though) in a decent time frame while tractoring around our front yard for 5 months. Will make some nice meat birds while I search out better quality BAs and even some blues as well.

Hi guys,

Just wanted your expert opinion on the quality of these birds

IMG-20190208-WA0019.jpg
IMG-20190208-WA0020.jpg
IMG-20190208-WA0021.jpg

Back
Top Bottom