??Australorps help!!

They look a lot like my australorp but mine looks older (she’s 15 weeks). Im thinking somewhere between 8-11 weeks for yours.
Thank you!!! I was thinking about possibly 8 weeks. I showed their pucs to others who said 16 weeks but that looks way to old for them. I thought anyway. Can I ask when do you start them on the regular food. They are on chick started right now. Totally new at this any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you!!! I was thinking about possibly 8 weeks. I showed their pucs to others who said 16 weeks but that looks way to old for them. I thought anyway. Can I ask when do you start them on the regular food. They are on chick started right now. Totally new at this any help is greatly appreciated!!!
So technically you can always keep them on it, I think it’s just a bit more expensive. I have males in my flock so I use a flock raiser/ all flock and I keep mine at 20% protein with oyster shell on the side for them to freely pick. I keep the protein higher cause mine don’t free range all day (only when supervised). I think layer feed is for when they start laying and is generally too high in calcium if you have males in your flock, but I know some people feed it to their whole flock.

Do you know about how old they are? I know sex may have to wait until they are older for sure.

Do you know about how old they are?
They appear to be 8 to 10 weeks old.

Mine looked like yours at this age...
DSCN1486.JPG

One of yours is definitely a pullet and I am thinking the other is as well. Australorp roos usually have big ol combs by now.

Definitely pick them up a lot, sit with them with a bag of treats, they will clamber all over your lap, makes lap babies out of them. :)

So technically you can always keep them on it, I think it’s just a bit more expensive. I have males in my flock so I use a flock raiser/ all flock and I keep mine at 20% protein with oyster shell on the side for them to freely pick. I keep the protein higher cause mine don’t free range all day (only when supervised). I think layer feed is for when they start laying and is generally too high in calcium if you have males in your flock, but I know some people feed it to their whole flock.
At what age did you start the flock raiser/all flock and oyster shells? When can they get meal worms thing like that? I think the one maybe a rooster possibly holds head up higher pushing chest out. They can start laying at around 16 weeks correct or is that misinformation? We want to get their brooder boxes ready soon. They will free range supervised because we have predatory birds where we live. We got netting and a cover for their fenced in area for shade and extra coverage against animals. We have 7 ft high fencing around their coop.

At what age did you start the flock raiser/all flock and oyster shells? When can they get meal worms thing like that? I think the one maybe a rooster possibly holds head up higher pushing chest out. They can start laying at around 16 weeks correct or is that misinformation? We want to get their brooder boxes ready soon. They will free range supervised because we have predatory birds where we live. We got netting and a cover for their fenced in area for shade and extra coverage against animals. We have 7 ft high fencing around their coop.
Australorps usually don't start laying until 24+weeks. When they start squatting for you (wings open, hunkering down on the ground when you lean over them) you can start them on layer or an all flock feed. Always offer oyster shell (to make hard egg shell) on the side once they start laying.

Australorps usually don't start laying until 24+weeks. When they start squatting for you (wings open, hunkering down on the ground when you lean over them) you can start them on layer or an all flock feed. Always offer oyster shell (to make hard egg shell) on the side once they start laying.
Thank you! That helps a lot!! We were not planning on chickens until spring togive me time to learn about them and how to take care of them but these 2 were to cute to say no. So now it is quick education.

Back
Top Bottom