1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Australorps or Jersey Giants?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by clfromok, Aug 27, 2013.

1. clfromok

clfromok Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2012
    Hastings Ok
    I hope some one can help me out. I got some black australorps a few weeks before I got my black Jersey Giants. I neglected to put leg bands on them so now that they're almost laying age, Im having trouble telling them apart. A couple have black combs & a few have red combs. does that help? All have black shanks.

2. coonriver

coonriver Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Sac City,Iowa
    JG should have yellow on the bottom of their feet and Aust's should be white or pinkish.Mike

3. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    X2

4. clfromok

clfromok Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2012
    Hastings Ok
    Thank you! Ok I checked all the feet & think there's 5 Australorps (put blue leg bands on them) & 3 Jersey Giants(green bands) & Im hoping only one cockrel of each. (could I be that lucky ;) ?) what do you think?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Yes, as far as I can tell, you only have two cockerels. I guess luck was on your side. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by