Autograph Block Swap

Hey it worked that is all that matters, that would be like the self binding baby quilt I made well sorta, you sew it then turn it inside out and it is finished, found the link on the web.

Last edited:
Hey it worked that is all that matters, that would be like the self binding baby quilt I made well sorta, you sew it then turn it inside out and it is finished, found the link on the web.

That is brilliant wish I had thought of that it would have been soooo much easier! Being such a small project it would have been perfect for this.

You ladies may be interested in this:

go to craftsy.com and they have a mystery block of the month that makes a wall hanging and it is free if you sign up before Jan 31th, it is the Applique Mystery Quilt A long 2014 it starts the 5th of Jan. You will find the mystery quilt in the " Patterns" towards the bottom of the list

"Ready for something new... how about joining an APPLIQUE MYSTERY QUILT A-LONG in 2014? You'll have about six weeks to decide; as this offer will disappear on January 31, 2014.
If interested -- join by purchasing this pattern (same download as my free patterns) to begin this mystery project. (If sharing this information with a friend, please ask them to download their own copy; to obtain entry into this quilt a-long.)

The introduction sheet will provide all the information needed to follow along and a password to enter the webpage; where each week's assignments (in pdf format) will be located.
If you prefer making wall-hanging quilts; this will make the perfect project to start off a new year. Benefits are: much less time, money, and fabric needed to complete this delightful scrappy quilt; the perfect gift for someone special.

Completion time: 17 weeks
Begins: January 5, 2014"

if you have any problems I will try to help

@Kassaundra check out the free pattern in the "patterns" at craftsy.com they have a "Vashta Nerada Dr. Who pattern

that must be where you got the pattern for your Dr. Who, they have lots

There are 2 pattern maker/ quilters that are making the patterns and publishing them on their blogs, I think they must be publishing them there on craftsy too. I get them off the one woman's blog, Whims and Fancies I believe is what it is called.

Don't pay for any patterns they are free on craftsy.com

They are free on her blog too, they have to be b/c of copyright laws. If she charged she would have to get permission from the makers of Doctor Who and go under contract and give them money. Even though they are her original designs, they are based on the creative work/idea/design of another and if she was using them for financial profit she could be sued.

katsdar why do some of the patterns on craftsy have prices on them? I think I will try the Mystery quilt 2014.

Also how many do we have singed up for this quilt? Are we still making 12?

Last edited:
katsdar why do some of the patterns on craftsy have prices on them? I think I will try the Mystery quilt 2014.

Also how many do we have singed up for this quilt? Are we still making 12?
Oh good we can be mystery quilt buddies, don't know why they sell some of the patterns, just glad the mystery quilt is free,
this is who I have for the auto block, yes we are only going to have this block swap set at 12 so only 12 can sign up so we all get the same blocks. I'm sure Mary will join so that will be an extra person and maybe a few of our other regulars will join in the future I hope so it will be nice to have a special block from them all and such memories.

Katsdar
RustyHen
quailtrail
fenrosie
minniechicks

Back
Top Bottom