automated coop door?

Quote:
That's very interesting! Based on the seller's page I wouldn't think that the instructions would be something that most people could build very easily. If the plans are done well, and the parts are easily obtainable and the setup works well.... then for $25 it is probably a good deal. That being said, I've still got my doubts... maybe because I don't trust auctions without images.

I had considered purchasing those plans myself, but was slightly intimidated by the fact the seller clearly states the instructions are written for those with some know-how.
I gottalotta can-do but nottalotta know-how
hmm.png
, so opted for the ready made!

if you cover the bottom edge of the door with a strip of metal between the runners then predetors can't get a claw under the door to lift it, they door being metal it's hard to get a claw into and I've not hear of any animal that can lift a peice of cord.

Well, that sounds easy enough, so I'll do that when I set it up.
By the by, if a creature is out there that can lift the door by the cord, I don't want to meet it.
lol.png

There was a really good thread on this on EZbyc....but you won't get me to do the search on it. Rarely find ANYTHING I'm ever looking for there!!! Glad to be migrating over here (just can't say that enough!)

I've heard several people absolutely happy with the UK autodoor...and I've even considered it....but my ducks aren't ALWAYS in ....sometimes I have to herd them in. I figure....I'm already out there for the ducks, might as well close up the chicken coop myselft and do a little check on them while I'm at it.
I have to admit, I'd like the open on timer feature....on days where both DH and I have to leave at 5am---I just hate having the coops open that early- well within the high risk time range for predators.

Now the guy that had his chicken coop on an auto door with a web cam (or secrurity cam) did it right!....he can check on his chickens ANYTIME and it opens/closes the door!
Sandra

Quote:
Sandra... don't worry, because we (admins, moderators, members, soon to be members) can't hear this enough!

Quote:
Now that I've got to see!!!! I may actually have to set one up myself! <switching to evil genius mode>

Oh my gosh a remote control coop door opener! I saw somewhere someone used the mechanism from an automatic window blind....and built one.

This site is one of the best I have ever been on you guys are so nice and have so much knowledge and EVERYONE is friendly....why did ya'll move site, if I may ask....just curious. Thanks for all the hard work...
Cindy

Back
Top Bottom