Automatic Chicken coop doors...

I have the Pullet Shut automatic chicken door. If you check out my BYC page you can see it. LOVE IT. I have had no problems with the racoons getting in.

Quote:
Yup- I have that one too.

I had an issue when the temps dropped this winter - but I figured out a little WD-40 and it all worked out.

Very stout - no coons, opossums, coyote's or fox's have been able to get in.

Quote:

I had an issue when the temps dropped this winter - but I figured out a little WD-40 and it all worked out.

Yah, I noticed that too. Where did you spray the WD40? On VERY cold days (-0F or colder) it wont open all the way. So it works well now?? I just called the company about this issue and they are calling me back after 3:30pm today to advise me how best to fix this glitch. Such NICE people!! I wish every company was this kind and responsive.

Last edited:
I have the Add A Motor AD20 for the motor. I already had a door and the frame. I love it!
wee.gif

It was cheap and have never had an issue with it. I've heard good things about your door (except the freezing up part) but I didn't want to spend all the extra money on something I didn't need.
wink.png

I have the door sliding below the floor a couple inches so there is no way little critters can get the door open.
woot.gif

E/

Quote:

Yah, I noticed that too. Where did you spray the WD40? On VERY cold days (-0F or colder) it wont open all the way. So it works well now?? I just called the company about this issue and they are calling me back after 3:30pm today to advise me how best to fix this glitch. Such NICE people!! I wish every company was this kind and responsive.

They are sending me out a whole new door free of charge!! They appologized for the malfunctioning. They are even sending a call slip with the new door so I can return the old door and they are paying the shipping!! I can say that I have never delt with such a nice company before. I have spoken to the owners of the company directly each time too! They have great customer service and a great product too. I will be purchasing another Pullet-Shut automatic chicken door in the spring
smile.png

Add-a-motor here. Very simple to attach and we haven't had any issues with the door, other than the chickens unplugging it. (Fixed that after the 2nd time they figured that trick out.)

i have the Poultry Butler and once I got the sensor located in the right spot, it has not failed and opens at dawn and closes at dusk. I really love it. I must say that I guess that with the winter weather really upon us, I do go out to the coop and do a head count every night just to make sure no one got locked out. My coop is inside their pen so if they do get locked out, it is only the weather that would harm them as they are completely enclosed with a top as well.l

Quote:
I got the sme one with the solar charger/battery and timer for $170 and installed it today. Supporting the motor on a little wooden block takes the load off the plastic rail and results in a much smother operation. All I need now is chickens :)

Quote:
I got the sme one with the solar charger/battery and timer for $170 and installed it today. Supporting the motor on a little wooden block takes the load off the plastic rail and results in a much smother operation. All I need now is chickens :)

Back
Top Bottom