Automatic Chicken Door Opener

I am still working on a circuit board for now but...

I am leaning toward the automatic car antenna soulution in combination with a light sensor. The antenna can be attached directly to the door or it's draw cable and ran off of a 12v powersupply. The powersupply can then be plugged directly into a day/night light sensor and WA-LA! Everything can be obtained over the counter and with very little adaption fit together for use.

Automatic antenna at Auto Zone - $58.00
Day/Night light sensor plug-in- $10.00
Misc Hardware 5.00

Total $73.00

If the antenna comes from a junk yard or friend the price goes down considerably.

Quote:
Have you put this together yet? I would be real interested in seeing this! Pics?
thumbsup.gif

I’m new to this forum but I too have been working on a DIY automatic door opener. Mine runs on 12 volts, works on both day light and temperature. I have a working model which could be used in conjunctions with what ever mechanism used to physically open the door. Personally I used a car window actuator. It is an electronics board so one would need to know how to solder. The one trick to mine was not to allow the temp sensor to close the door in the middle of the day. I have over come this issue. I would like to ask all of you folks out there if there is a real interest in this. If so I will continue to try to put together a plans kit. Rick from NY.

Check out the automatic chicken doors (VSB) from Bilsie International open at daylight close at dusk works real well on my chicken coop Bill

Hey, I built one using a car antenna. Got it off ebay for cheap. I've got mine on a timer & it works great. Easy to build, but you will need access to 120vac for antenna. Contact me for details.

Ken

I just did my automatic door yesterday. It took a total of 3 hours and my total cost including materials was about $105. I used the add-a-motor. Now if I can get this timer to work I'll be sleeping in later, lol

I have successfully built a automated chicken door. Using my imagination and some house supplies. It has been working for 1 month and no errors. After making a video and others seeing it. I was told I should market my idea. My idea currently does not exist. Would you guys be willing to pay $100. for this device. it would include the door?

I have successfully built a automated chicken door. Using my imagination and some house supplies. It has been working for 1 month and no errors. After making a video and others seeing it. I was told I should market my idea. My idea currently does not exist. Would you guys be willing to pay $100. for this device. it would include the door?
Can't really answer your question without seeing it in operation.

Back
Top Bottom