Automatic Coop Door Opener Reccomendation?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by FunkyRooster, Apr 2, 2012.

1. FunkyRooster

FunkyRooster New Egg

Apr 2, 2012
    After keeping chickens for 2 years, I am ready to invest in an automatic coop door opener. I am not familiar with what is on the market so I could use a bit of help. I do not want to build one and I would really like to have one that is durable and reliable. I have a very handy husband who is willing to install one for me. Do you have one that they absolutely love? Have you had any bad experiences with one in the past? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You,
    Lauren

2. chfite

chfite Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2011
    Taylors, SC
    I don't have one, but would prefer that it open with an electric eye rather than a timer.

Chris

3. kimmypie

kimmypie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Utah
    We have the one from Foy's Pigeon supplies. It's the indoor mount and we bought the door to go with it, that's all you need. It opens when it gets light and closes at dusk. We haven't put the chicks out there yet, but the door is installed and works like it should, we've been watching it open and close every day to make sure. It also runs off of batteries so you don't need power in your coop. I love how it is light sensitive so there is no need to adjust a timer or anything.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by