Automatic coop door

Don't know about solar for the petautodoors.com one, however if you go to their site & contact them, they are very helpful. You could ask them a everything you want to know & I have found them really responsive. They are hoping to have theirs in TSC in the future. I like that it doesn't rely on a light sensor.

We have a new problem we just got back from vacation our chickens were kept in the new coop while we were gone our care giver that took care of them said they did great.I let the ladies out and they got to free range today. But tonight only 8 of them went into the new coop the rest are waiting to get in the old one which is to small now any ideas on what to do.

Just put them into new coop.... Its like saying. " cant teach old dogs new tricks." LOL They are used to going into their old home. Chickens don't have perception that new is bigger and better. Try to board up opening on old one with cardboard so the coop does not look same to the chickens they are used to going in ... In a few days your chickens will adapt to their new home... Will you be keeping both coops ? Then let them use both. Or will you be taking old one down.?
WISHING YOU BEST.
thumbsup.gif

And sorry I misunderstood your original posting..
sad.png

I would also recommend the ador 1 VS the other.

We have the adorable door does anyone have pictures of how you install yours.thanks for any help.
Mine is installed on a free range door of our coop run. The run is encased in hardware cloth, so I don't have to close the pop door to the coop at night. (most people put these on their coop pop doors, but either way works).

The free range door was too large for the auto door. So, we took a piece of plywood, cut it to the size of the door, then cut out a window in the plywood to fit the door on.

This is a picture of the free range door, looking in from the outside, before I installed the plywood and Ador1 door.

This is a picture with the plywood template installed. I put the door on the inside for additional weather protection.

The installed door.

Last edited:
Try Murray McMurray Hatchery's automatic coop controller! There is a video of my door on their Facebook page... Can run on 110 V or 12 V also has light sensor and an interior coop light comes on after eight hours of darkness to help promote egg production in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom