automatic door back in business

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by bj taylor, Oct 24, 2013.

1. bj taylor

bj taylor Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2011
    North Central Texas
    the last week the door has been off line. opens when it wants, closes when it wants. chickens locked in, chickens locked out. what a mess! i could NOT get it to re-program. finally called the manufacturer & he talked me through my problems. i hadn't lubricated the pin at the bottom. duh. back in business, thank goodness. now, if i could just convince little miss lucy (an older barred rock) to roost with the rest, all would be well. she wants to live in a world with no roosters so she goes out of her way to be where they aren't. because she's part of my original girls she gets to do whatever she wants. she's the only one who still gets to poop on my patio & scratch mulch onto the gravel path. [​IMG]

2. MoonShadows

MoonShadows The Jam Man

Jan 23, 2013
    Pocono Mtns
    My Coop
    What brand of automatic door do you have?

3. johnmclaren

johnmclaren Out Of The Brooder

Feb 26, 2013
    I would like to you advice you that update some information about your automatic door. Than only we can give the best advice.

4. MoonShadows

MoonShadows The Jam Man

Jan 23, 2013
    Pocono Mtns
    My Coop
    I have an Ador1, and I sell The Incredible Poultry Door on my website. I like both doors very much. I would also be selling the Ador1 if Rod had a wholesale program.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  5. jimmywalt

jimmywalt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2013
    Not sure why people are willing to pay so much for a purchased door............ I don't have any building, engineering, mechanical, or electrical experience and I built my own by reading BYC and watching Youtube with a $5 automatic car antenna from a junk yard..... All the details are in my signature line below.

I guess to each his/her own..............

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by