Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Works?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mema64

Hatching
7 Years
Jul 3, 2012
Does anyone have a automatic door for thei chickens?
Which one is the best?
I am looking at the solar door but I would like to get some input
Before spending this kind of money and wonder if it will work
In a plastic door? I have a plastic shed that I keep my pet chickens in.

i have an automatic pullet-shut door. had it for about 2 months. it's battery/electric not solar. so far, it's worked great & i makes my life easier. it's really nice when i'm gone a few days. i have someone check daily, but they don't have to do anything - just look to see that everything is ok.
i have to re-program it periodically as the days are getting shorter, but that's not a problem other than i have to get up early enough to do it. lol.
i think it could be installed into a plastic if the surround were reinforced w/wood probably.

i have to re-program it periodically as the days are getting shorter, but that's not a problem other than i have to get up early enough to do it. lol.
Also note, with daylight savings you'll need to reprogram it today.

I would have thought it was just on a 24 hour timer, but it is on a clock based timer, so mine opened an hour early this morning. Of course, the chooks all came running out to explore.
th.gif

i have an automatic pullet-shut door.  had it for about 2 months.  it's battery/electric not solar.  so far, it's worked great & i makes my life easier.  it's really nice when i'm gone a few days.  i have someone check daily, but they don't have to do anything - just look to see that everything is ok.
i think it could be installed into a plastic if the surround were reinforced w/wood probably.

Got a link to the opener you have?

Hi

I've installed a automatic door last week, is in aluminum and I have bought that in UK (around 120€ for alu door + electric motor + daily programmer + battery pack)

Work perfectly and I think that is safety against beech martens and foxes but I'm not sure that it can resist the wolves so I think that I will reinforce with some steel.

Back
Top Bottom