automatic egg turner

cray4en

Songster
11 Years
Jul 24, 2008
I do overnight trips. If I put the eggs in a automatic egg turner will they be fine for me to be gone for over 24 hours (home the next day)? I was reading the eggs should be turned 2-3 times a day so I figured it would do the work and when I get home the next day I could check the water and be no issues.

Is this OK or am I missing something? My 1st incubator purchased about 3 hours ago my 1st hatch. Any suggestions would be great. thank you cray
big_smile.png

be sure and let your bator run for at least 24 to48 hours before you set any eggs in it, to make sure your temps and humidty will be stable. you did buy a good temp and humidty guage? you can get one at wal-mart for 6- 10 $. and what kind of bator did you get?

I got a Still Air Incbator Little Giant. I have a thermometer but what is a humidty guage? thank you

the temp is very important, and the temp guage that came with the bator is junk, trash is! and the humidty is important to as much the temp. by watching the humidty in the bator you know if the egg is losing the right amount of moister, it needs to lose about 14% over the corse of 21 days to make the air cell the right size. for i live in NC and i keep my humidty at 30-40% for days 1-18, and after the morning turn i take my alto turner out of my LG and candle the eggs and place the good ones back in and bring the humidty up to 45-55% so the chicks at hatch don't stick to the inside of the shell. if you have the humidty to low they will stick to inside shell, and if it is to high they will drown when they pip ( try to get out) pm me and i will give you the low down on how i hatch my eggs, ( some do it a little different than i do but it works for me) william

Back
Top Bottom