Automatic Water cups and Nipples

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Colored Egg Farmer, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Colored Egg Farmer

Colored Egg Farmer Chicken overload

I total forgot about a pile of old pvc water pipes we had till i started cleaning the barn a few days ago. We have just tons of the water cups *photo* that screw into round pvc pipe. Also have metal water nipples that are in a square pipe. Does anyone have any links or suggestions on what we could do with them. Ive seen stuff for the water nipples but never for the water cups. It would be nice to actually use them for something than just having them sit in a pile waiting to be thrown away.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
  2. Colored Egg Farmer

bump been 2 days. Guess if i don't get any ideas i guess time to experiment with pvc pipe

3. Sparky2726

Sparky2726 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 19, 2011
    Hiwassee, VA
    How do these work? My thought is that they hold a small amount of water in them, and then when it gets low, they fill back up. How well are they working for you?

Lee

4. Neil Grassbaugh

Neil Grassbaugh Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2008
    They are Ziggity Systems Threaded Nip-ple Cups.
    A bad design from the beginning, discontinued many years ago and parts (especially the problamatic seals) are no longer available.
    Trash them. They are not worth the aggravation.
    I could write a 10 page report on the difficulties I went through with this product.
    I can still remember some of the part numbers and beleive I have the product manuals yet in a box in the warehouse.

They operated by the bird pecking at the nipple stem, allowing a small amount of water into the cup which the bird then drank.

5. Colored Egg Farmer

I have actually had no problem with them and the chickens actually prefer them These waters are atleast 20 years old and they still are working and have not had any leaks. The plus side of them is that it doesn't drip like a nipple does. We had 2 coops that used them and they actually outlived the cage system which is now a cage free area where I use bell waters... which I can say is the worst if the valive fails on them you got a flood! I'm actually selling them here on byc for 1.00 each with free extras just in case one does happen to fail.

6. naakte

naakte Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Branson, missouri
    Ill buy them from you hah
    Donna in branson

7. BellevueOmlet

BellevueOmlet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    You can go ahead and attach them to some pipe and see if they work. If not and you do want some working water cups, let me know and I can help you out.

8. Colored Egg Farmer

If anyone wants any just message me or click my auction I just got an order for 30 today so there going quite fast.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by