Automatic waterer

kjxoxo1

Chirping
8 Years
Oct 16, 2011
Guys, I have been researching and hope that you guys can help me. I am not construction savvy.....I am in need of an automatic waterer that all I have to do is attach a water hose. Does anyone have any ideas? I just purchased a blue bird waterer and I am returning it as it claims that all I needed to do was attach a water hose and this is not true. I am looking to water chickens and possibly rabbits. If I need to buy two separate type then i am okay with that as well. I have about 20 chickens and 3 rabbits in separate cages. Thank you so much in advance. PS. I have tried water flow valves and have not been successful at them...at trying to regulate them.

Guys, I have been researching and hope that you guys can help me. I am not construction savvy.....I am in need of an automatic waterer that all I have to do is attach a water hose. Does anyone have any ideas? I just purchased a blue bird waterer and I am returning it as it claims that all I needed to do was attach a water hose and this is not true. I am looking to water chickens and possibly rabbits. If I need to buy two separate type then i am okay with that as well. I have about 20 chickens and 3 rabbits in separate cages. Thank you so much in advance. PS. I have tried water flow valves and have not been successful at them...at trying to regulate them.

I bought this and it is awesome!! I made the wire base with scrap lumber. I got this when I was in Apache Junction, Arizona at a feed store when I was on vacation. I do not know who makes it. It is simple... there is a float in the center under the metal guard, I only turn the water on part way.

This is a really awesome idea. It worries me my chickens running out of water while I'm not home. I have a problem though. I also have goats and ducks living with my chickens. The ducks are so messy as they like to swim in everything and my goats need a bigger water. I guess I might just have to live with the mess! Lol

This is a really awesome idea. It worries me my chickens running out of water while I'm not home. I have a problem though. I also have goats and ducks living with my chickens. The ducks are so messy as they like to swim in everything and my goats need a bigger water. I guess I might just have to live with the mess! Lol

I use this only for the chickens. I wash it once a week. My ducks have their own pen and a big 4'' high water pan. The horses have a richie automatic waterer, I love that too! No dragging hose or busting ice in the winter!! I still need a better plan for winter months with the chicken water. I guess I will get a heated base and a 5 gal metal waterer.
idunno.gif
I have also thought of trying heat tape for the water? Not sure how I would rig that, but thats floating aroung in my brain

Have you thought about nipple waterers. We installed some and love them. Chicks caught right on too. I have mine attached to a 55 gal plastic drum with 5 nipples attached. I think you could also hard connect them to the water system, or attach they to a hose.

I have thought about nipples but I am not construction savvy..... I can't build anything and don't know of anyone that can. I will look for that red waterer....is it as simple as attaching a water hose? I bought the blue waterer and I am having to return it. Not as simple as the online directions stated....thank you!

I use this only for the chickens. I wash it once a week. My ducks have their own pen and a big 4'' high water pan. The horses have a richie automatic waterer, I love that too! No dragging hose or busting ice in the winter!! I still need a better plan for winter months with the chicken water. I guess I will get a heated base and a 5 gal metal waterer. :idunno I have also thought of trying heat tape for the water? Not sure how I would rig that, but thats floating aroung in my brain

I have a pretty big coop and run.. It used to be an old barn and all my chickens (23) 1 duck, 1 goose and 4 goats fit comfortably in there so I didn't want to have separate pens everywhere just on our one acre. I like the nipple water idea for the chickens. It just worried me them not getting enough water. Regardless of how I water my goats and the ducks, it's going to be a disaster lol

0000000089736.jpg

Little Giant Auto Poultry Waterer with Cover
Online Item #: 0000000089736
SKU: 100409162

$37.99
Qty:

ADD TO CART

More Sharing Services

Provides a continuous flow of fresh water for your flock.
  • Auto Poultry Waterer with Cover
  • Mfr. item number - 166386
  • Designed for use with adult birds - not for use with baby chicks
  • Automatic float controls the water level for no spilling or overflow
  • Oversized cover extends beyond the edges of the bowl to protect the contents
  • Easy to assemble and clean
  • Made of durable plastic
  • Made in the USA
  • Weight: Approximately 3.55 pounds
  • Shipping Dimensions: Approximately 13.1 x 13 x 7 inches.

Hi I found it at fleet and farm.
big_smile.png
Its even a few bucks less than I payed! Oh and yes all you do is hook on a hose. I just don't turn the water on full blast. Hope this helps you!! http://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/little-giant-auto-poultry-waterer-with-cover/0000000089736

@Topknot.....thank you sooooo much!!! I'm ordering two now!! I appreciate you so much!!

Back
Top Bottom