BoiseBubba

Serama Psycho
10 Years
Feb 11, 2009
Boise, ID
What did you think of James Cameron's AVATAR? Good, Bad, OK, Awesome? Best way to watch: 3-D, Imax, Home, or regular theater? Should they make a Sequel? Does it deserve one? Would a sequel ruin the "magic"? Did it make you sick due to the special cameras used for filming? By the end could you tell what was real and what was not?

Please give me your feedback, I want to hear it.

Rock on AVATAR kittay people!

I loved it!
Saw it in 2D cuz the 3D was sold out and then went back to see it in 3D the next week. 3D makes me queasy and I think the world was prettier and easier to enjoy without it.
I would watch a sequal just for the pretty factor, but I would be supremely disappointed if 'pretty' was its only merit. I hate it when the lessen the awesomeness of the original movie by making a sequal just for the money without caring if it sucks.
Avatar is, in my opinion, the prettiest movie ever. But that isnt enough to make it GOOD. I liked the story and the acting was good. And the world they created was so... cohesive. Nothing about it was disjointed. They obviously thought through every aspect of the culture and planned the ecosystems.... Very well done.
But as I said, if they do the sequal just to capitalize on the success of the first, I will be very angry! They have the technology and the setting already, but they need a good script if they are gonna make another movie.

Hubby and I just saw it over the weekend. 3d not Imax. We thought it was just awesome. He went and saw it again last night with some friends
smile.png

Probably will be one that I will buy.....and I don't buy movies, I have netflix
cool.png

Saw it last weekend in 3D, and loved it. Loved the bright colors, loved the effects, loved the story line. I heard on talk radio the other night that some people were actually suicidal after seeing the movie. I guess they were a little sad that their own lives/our world were not like that of avatar, and they found it rather depressing. Not sure about a sequel..seems like sequels are never as good.

I enjoyed it thoroughly and will be getting it on BluRay. I am not an outright BluRay aficionado, but certain movies just look better on it (Transformers 2, for example).

Saw it once normal, then took a friend to see it in 3D.

I liked it...had a few gripes with it as well. Good movie though. GREAT visuals. Was not impressed with the Na'Vi (could have been less human-like...I know they made them bipedal kitteh-people so the audience could sympathise with them, but eh...). Acting was pretty nice. The storyline was...archetypal, what can I say. Must be one of those narratives that has particularly strong roots in the human psyche.

I do get kind of irritated when I hear of people feeling all sorry for themselves because "Earth is not like Pandora" and no longer beautiful and all that bs. Wish they'd take these negative feelings to rally their strength and go out and do something...join organisations, protest deforestation, make efforts to eat and live green (you know, like, making an effort to turn off the lights), instead of sitting around complaining about it on forums for fans of the film.

Yeah, sounds pretty harsh, but I happen to think our planet is a marvelously beautiful place, and we still have the power to fight back and save it. Rubs me the wrong way when people act as if it's all already lost.

Great movie that tackled a bunch of deep sociological issues. Well done to be able to do that and make a movie that had a ton of special effects and really cool costumes and cinematogrophy(sp?). Proably will own it as soon as it is available.
Yeah - no sequel please!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom