Average lifespan of a Cayuga and a Welsh Harlequin?

Number1Sticky

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jul 18, 2010
I was wondering what the average lifespan is of a Cayuga and a Welsh Harlequin duck? Not mixed. But the separate breeds? I have one of each and was just curious. Also how old was/is the oldest duck you've ever had?

WOW!!! That's a long time. Congrats on that.
bow.gif

Thanks kuntrygirl, he is still chasing the girls too, but has slowed down quite a bit, doesn't catch them as often as he use to...
lau.gif

I had a mixed breed (Runner X) female duck make it to 17 years old! She moved to 3 different houses with me over the years. I have had Call ducks live between 12 and 15 years and pure Indian Runners go from 10 to 14.

I didn't know duck could live that long!!! I have a 2 year old cayuga, and maybe a 2 1/2 week welsh harlequin. That would be awesome if they lived that long! :D

I have a Cayuga duck that will be 10 years old in April 2015. She is mostly white now and no longer lays eggs. She now thinks she is a drake and has developed the curled tail feathers typical of a drake. She also tries to mate with my chickens. This behavior began after we lost our rooster several months ago. Very odd, but I understand it is not unheard of.

I had two runner ducks who lived into their teens. One was 14 and the other was 16 when they died.

Back
Top Bottom