Avg date/length for sale of day olds in SW Missouri

pcdreams

Chirping
Dec 25, 2019
Springfield, MO
Hello, I'm in SW Missouri and wanting to get into selling day olds locally. I know they're sold in the spring, but I was wanting to get an idea of roughly when earliest would be, so I know when to set my first batch for hatching. Same on the opposite end of the season.

Hello, I'm in SW Missouri and wanting to get into selling day olds locally. I know they're sold in the spring, but I was wanting to get an idea of roughly when earliest would be, so I know when to set my first batch for hatching. Same on the opposite end of the season.
Check the 417 poultry page on Facebook. Might get a better idea.

Good luck! Please let us know how you do. Sounds like a great side hustle. Marketing will be your biggest challenge, I'm thinking.

Good luck! Please let us know how you do. Sounds like a great side hustle. Marketing will be your biggest challenge, I'm thinking.
I had mixed results. I still haven't gotten a time frame down (think I may have been a bit late). It took me a couple extra weeks, but I ended up selling what I had at $6-7/bird. Going forward I think I'd try to find a better method than Craigslist though. Sold straight run with Delewares, Astrolorps, and Buff Orpingtons.

Back
Top Bottom