Avia Charge 2000 - it is okay to use this in metal water dispensers?

jjthink

Crowing
13 Years
Jan 17, 2007
New Jersey
Just want to make sure nothing in it leaches metal from the chicken waterers. Want to make sure nothing will be toxic. Is it a matter of whether the waterers are galvanized or not? Searched Avia Charge on the web but this particular matter was not addressed.

Thanks for your help!

p.s. Called McMurray Hatchery and they said it was okay.

Last edited:
Sorry you didn't get any replies. I have no idea if it would be OK or not, but I would think so. The only problem I would see if it were in there over a long period of time.

Did you contact the manufacturer?

If you find your birds avoiding the water when avia charge is added...many have reported this (this has less to do with the avia charge than with the fact that birds seem to be particular to changes in the water)... what I and many others do when adding a vitamin supplement which is going to change the "taste" of the water is to add the supplement to the feed. An easy way of doing this is to cook up a small portion of oatmeal (human) in water (not milk) and when somewhat cooled add the supplement to this and then mix in with the feed. A cornell study states that the addition of cooked oatmeal will help in digestion and aid vitamin uptake also! (and in the winter I give the feed/oatmeal mix in the morning to my birds...they prefer it over the dry and I like to think it may "warm" them up a bit
big_smile.png
)

Thanks Diana.
smile.png
How much dry powder do you use - can one overdo these nutrients? Luckily, I have seen them drinking the Avia water.

Is that not on the packaging? I live in europe...I have a similar product I use in composition ... if you are unsure then email the manufactururer or McMurry. What I do is add the dry amount that is recommended for their water (adjusting this to the number of birds I have) to the cooked oatmeal I have made up to mix into their daily amount of feed.

Last edited:
I hear. Yes, it's 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons per gallon of water so one would need to know how much a chicken drinks in a day to make the conversion. Anyway, no worries. What I'm really worried about is my question next to this one - the roo food one!

Back
Top Bottom