Avian Bird Flu - Preventatives?

This is from the article above, onNewcastle Disease, peer reviewed, pub med, how iivermectin works. I copied a section towards the end below that you can enlarge.
showed a slightly higher percentage of egg laying (66.01%) compared to birds that did not receive ivermectin (61.90%) (P= 0.15, Proportion test). After 6 days of treatment, birds that received ivermectin showed a higher percentage of egg laying (67.73%) compared to birds that did not receive ivermectin (61.88%) (P= 0.07, Proportion test). After 7 days, egg production returned to a normal egg-laying pattern in the animals treated with ivermectin, and showed a significantly higher percentage of egg laying (71.98%) compared to birds that did not receive ivermectin (64.68%) (P= 0.03, Proportion test).
After 4 days of treatment, in the flock of the birds affected by NDV and ILTV, a mortality of approximately 7 hens per day (out of 5,000 hens) was detected for 5 days. Necropsy showed that these 35 hens died with peritonitis typical of Newcastle disease due to egg rupture. In all cases, the organs of the respiratory tract (trachea and lungs) showed no macroscopic lesions. After 2 weeks, the birds affected by NDV and ILTV returned to their normal behavior.
DISCUSSION
The present anecdotal report shows an interesting evidence of the efficiency of a single dose of Ivermectin, in the treatment and short recovery time of laying hens infected with avian NDV and ILTV. Remarkably, recovery of clinical signs for both diseases was achieved in less than 24 hours. Similarly, a recovery of egg production was shown in treated birds in a shorter time than usual (2 weeks versus 8 weeks that usually takes recovery). The dose used to control the viral infection in this case report, was 0.2 mL of a 1% ivermectin solution equivalent to 200 μg/kg body weight.

bioRxiv preprint doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.07.29.226027; this version posted July 30, 2020. The copyright holder for this preprint (which was not certified by peer review) is the author/funder. All rights reserved. No reuse allowed without permission.
The mortality observed 4 days after treatment was very low (35/5,000), necropsies confirmed that chickens died from peritonitis associated with the rupture of eggs possibly caused by a previous fever.
The clinical, pathological and serological results were correlated with undetectable levels of viral load. These results confirm that the treatment was in some way effective in eliminating the virus, and not only in eliminating symptoms.
Several studies have shown evidence that ivermectin would have a potent antiviral action against HIV-1 and dengue virus, both dependent on the superfamily of importins which are necessary for different important metabolic processes of the cell (Caly et al., 2020). Ivermectin is suspected to play an important role in altering HIV-1 integrase and NS-5 polymerase (non-structural protein 5) in dengue virus (Wagstaff et al., 2015) (Yang et al., 2020). Evidence has been shown that ivermectin inhibits in vitro replication of some single-stranded RNA viruses such as Zika (Barrows et al., 2016), yellow fever and other alpha viruses (Varghese et al., 2016) (Mastrangelo et al., 2012). Thomas reported the short-term elimination of nematodes that parasitized the ocular nictitating membrane of exotic birds in a US zoo (Thomas-Baker, 1986). Recent studies suggest that Ivermectin is a potent specific inhibitor of import-mediated nuclear transport α/β, showing antiviral activity against several RNA viruses, blocking specific pathways of nuclear traffic in viral proteins (Caly L et al., 2020)
Some characteristics of ivermectin comprise, a low solubility, strong binding and rapid decomposition in the soil, rapid degradation under sunlight, low bioconcentration factor, low plant absorption, and it does not spread with percolation water, nor does it accumulate in the environment. In addition, at high levels, it has not been detected in animal wastes at toxic levels, nor in most plants and animals, terrestrial or aquatic, so it would not cause adverse environmental effects (Bruce et al., 2000).
Thanks!

The FDA and USDA have no incentive to advocate for Ivermectin because it is a generic drug which is extremely cheap to make, and sell, so the pharmaceutical companies cannot claim royalties off it. The USDA and FDA are, unfortunately, under the thumb of the pharmaceutical companies and the medications they wish to have the public buy. I wish the FDA were truly a watchdog for the American Public, but sadly, they are not.
This is your crazy talk and your conspiracy theories that I object to. These are the items that I think you need to provide supporting evidence for.

Same concern here.
It's been found an 1.5-2 hours away from me in Dallas, TX. They were saying they found the flu in sparrows.
I had a huge flock of black birds this morning hanging out near my coop. My neighbors must think I'm nuts I went running chasing them yelling until they flown off.
I was talking to a farmer guy I know about this. He knows other farmers with birds. So they free range but they are all confining their flocks until this passes over.
I have mine contained all the time. They have their coop and a fenced yard with a fence overhead. I was thinking of putting tarps up so no droppings can get in from the wild birds.
Also they put Corid in the drinking water. I think is treats influenza in chickens, not absolutely sure though.
This gives a little information : https://ask.usda.gov/s/article/Shou...event-the-spread-of-diseases-such-as-bird-flu

One sight said to wear disposable coveralls and throw away boot coverings. Let no other people enter your coop. Don't go to someone else's coops or handle other people's chickens.
They said a lot of water birds such as ducks carry the flu. We just stocked our pond with fish and guess what I had in my pond? 8 ducks!
Oye vey! Like we need something else to worry about.
Anyway hope this helps.
The Corid is probably being used for coccidiosis ( pasty vent) as a treatment or preventative. Amprollium is the compound. Sulmet was used before APHIS banned it. It is also a bacteria static rather than a true antibiotic in effect, but far more effective than Corid.

Back
Top Bottom