Avian Flu (H5N1) - Discussion

Have your birds been affected by the Avian Flu?

• Total voters
Found this map showing which states are currently getting hit the hardest.
892CDF2F-1619-4800-9507-AE09AA5CBD59.jpeg

https://www.usgs.gov/media/images/d...fluenza-h5-and-h5n1-north-america-relation-us

I am not in a panic, or worried in the slightest bit. My flock is happy and healthy. I believe the "bird flu" is being made into a big deal that it really isn't. There are hundreds if sicknesses that any chicken could catch. To put it simply, they are kind of twisting it around....just like Covid.

Luckily our flock has not been affected. We did get a run for our second group of chickens mainly because a hawk has been desperately trying to get one of our chickens after it got one of our ducks a couple weeks ago and because of the avian flu since we have so many wild birds that hang around our farm. Especially barn swallows. At least they try to chase off the hawk; a couple days ago they knocked it out of the sky!

Looks like Backyard flocks are getting hit the hardest in the NW and NE. I’m in MA. Praying none of our chickens get it!

If y’all saw the second video linked in the first post, it is crazy to me how the State is just going around and killing entire flocks- hundreds of backyard birds, dozens of broken hearts. I understand it is for her safety and wellness of other birds around, but it is not necessary IMO— the AI will be around for years and years.

Back
Top Bottom