Avian Flu (H5N1) - Discussion

Have your birds been affected by the Avian Flu?

• Total voters
Looks like Backyard flocks are getting hit the harest in the NW and NE. I’m in MA. Praying none of our chickens get it!

If y’all saw the second video linked in the first post, it is crazy to me how the government it just going around and killing entire flocks- hundreds of backyard birds, dozens of broken hearts. I understand it is for her safety and wellness of other birds around, but it is not necessary IMO— the AI will be around for years and years.
Yes. If the state whatever people come, I am not letting them even see the flock. No way are they killing all my hard work.

Looks like Backyard flocks are getting hit the harest in the NW and NE. I’m in MA. Praying none of our chickens get it!

If y’all saw the second video linked in the first post, it is crazy to me how the government it just going around and killing entire flocks- hundreds of backyard birds, dozens of broken hearts. I understand it is for her safety and wellness of other birds around, but it is not necessary IMO— the AI will be around for years and years.
And THAT is why I won't tell the government if one of my birds gets sick or that I even have a flock in the first place!

I am not in a panic, or worried in the slightest bit. My flock is happy and healthy. I believe the "bird flu" is being made into a big deal that it really isn't. There are hundreds if sicknesses that any chicken could catch. To put it simply, they are kind of twisting it around....just like Covid.
Yeah, this is my reasoning. I have no reason to be worried, everybody is healthy.

If i ever do get a bird with AI…. which I hope I won’t… But if I do, I hope it’s not my favorite/one of my favorites. They always seem to get sick/die. Take my Ruby for example. She’s sick right now, and she is my 2nd favorite.
That is part of the reason I never have favorites. I'm sorry about Ruby. :(

Back
Top Bottom