Avian Flu (H5N1) - Discussion

Have your birds been affected by the Avian Flu?

• Total voters
Pics
Yeah, no need to use cell data to see who has been buying feed at the farm store.
Oh noes! The 5G!
1652124441950.png

But at least everyone’s flock is doing good. Just because I’m in NC, doesn’t mean my flock will get it :)
The 2015 outbreak was really bad around me, but I had no idea at the time it was even going on. Never had an issue, and we have turkeys and quail, and the occasional Canadian geese that come through too. So I’m trying REALLY hard to stay calm, boost my birds immune systems, and just let them live their best life. I have a very LARGE free range flock and penning them up in one place is an almost impossible feat, and one that would make them utterly miserable, stressed, and therefore also more likely to have issues. So I’m trying to just do the best I can for them. We spray our shoes with clorahexadine, have covered all outdoor waterers, and I’m disinfecting roosts food and water dishes and high traffic throughways daily.

The 2015 outbreak was really bad around me, but I had no idea at the time it was even going on. Never had an issue, and we have turkeys and quail, and the occasional Canadian geese that come through too. So I’m trying REALLY hard to stay calm, boost my birds immune systems, and just let them live their best life. I have a very LARGE free range flock and penning them up in one place is an almost impossible feat, and one that would make them utterly miserable, stressed, and therefore also more likely to have issues. So I’m trying to just do the best I can for them. We spray our shoes with clorahexadine, have covered all outdoor waterers, and I’m disinfecting roosts food and water dishes and high traffic throughways daily.
Our flock housing issues is similar. I have several secure pens, but some birds are simply not able to be contained without possible temper issues flaring between males

Back
Top Bottom