Avian Flu hits NJ

Yes, confirmed here in MA. Does anyone know how long this could last? I know it's based on migratory patterns. I'm just wondering if this is going to be an all-summer thing?
It gets killed by heat so summer should be OK and then we have to see if it returns with the Fall migration.
I haven’t looked it up myself but I think the last serious pathogenic outbreak was 2015 and that fizzled out in June/July (don’t take that as gospel I am goin from memory of posts on the main AI thread here on BYC.

Here is the link to that thread. Long but informative. Ignore the ‘South Carolina’ in the title.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/avian-influenza-found-in-south-carolina.1507893/

so i am going to watch this thread
Where are you located? There’s cases of it all over the world. It’s spread by migratory birds. The cases in Massachusetts were at the end of March in Berkshire County @Dreammaker. There was a confirmation in a Canadian goose in Middlesex County prior to that. This should be winding down soon hopefully since the migration on the east coast should be over soon. Finger’s crossed 🤞.

Where are you located? There’s cases of it all over the world. It’s spread by migratory birds. The cases in Massachusetts were at the end of March in Berkshire County @Dreammaker. There was a confirmation in a Canadian goose in Middlesex County prior to that. This should be winding down soon hopefully since the migration on the east coast should be over soon. Finger’s crossed 🤞.
Thanks. Cape Cod too. I will be so glad when this is over. Looking forward to not feeling paranoid if/when I want an impromptu cuddle with one of my chickens. 😁

Back
Top Bottom