Avian Flu hits NJ

So, the avian flu has hit where i’m located, Central NJ.. how do i protect my flock from the avian flu?
Keep your flock under cover where wild birds can’t access them. The pathogens are spread through their feces or contact with infected birds. I’m curious as when it was confirmed in your area. I haven’t seen anything from NJ posted on the Aphis site?

Sorry I don’t do FB. Was this a post from an official in your area or a user? There is a 24 to 48 hour lag on the Aphis website. My DD tries to monitor our local FB group and there are very few official reports. You can go to the Aphis website and they list bio security procedures to protect your flock. Best of luck.

Sorry I don’t do FB. Was this a post from an official in your area or a user? There is a 24 to 48 hour lag on the Aphis website. My DD tries to monitor our local FB group and there are very few official reports. You can go to the Aphis website and they list bio security procedures to protect your flock. Best of luck.
It’s a news website for our area… the one i linked is from the news article and that news pages facebook

It’s a news website for our area… the one i linked is from the news article and that news pages facebook
I suggest keeping your birds on lockdown and checking the Aphis website tomorrow. It was updated today so any new confirmed detections will appear there. There have been a few local news broadcasts out of Boston, but the closest case was near the NY / Massachusetts border. There’s also a bogus bird flu story put out by a small independent news station that made it sound like the entire state was affected.

Back
Top Bottom